Pre-Delivery Checklist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case this helps anyone, I was concerned with some of the delivery problems and early build difficulties I heard about so I approached delivery (Today) with a bit of caution:

Note: due your financing homework. If you are thinking Dealer financing, have a back up plan....in advance of the emotional purchase day.

Truck arrived Friday:

1. Visited Dealers shop foreman. Requested his supervision of the Monday PDI. I gave him a list of the rumored assembly issues (15 October Build). and a list of the actual problems that owners have reported here on FRF.
Actuals included: Unbalancable tires, oil leak engine, oil leak rear end, excessive corrosion, Shifting anomalies, etc

2. Requested with the GM that the Foreman take the vehicle home and/or drive it before I took delivery.

3. Tuesday, Foreman and I went over the PDI, his driving report and then we went on a ~10 mile drive, taking turns driving and observing the trucks behavior in various road conditions. Discussing rumored and actual issues that I had read about. We agreed that this unit showed no signs of the issues reported or rumored.

4. Wednesday (Today) went over the truck panel by panel, and accepted the very minor rail dust as the only notable exceptions.

5. Ford Finance numbers were acceptable, so I signed for the loan and then signed for the vehicle confident that I had done my best to receive an defect free product from Ford.

OP
OP
J.Bodolay

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your interest rate with Ford?

Apologies, I consider the negotiated price and negotiated interest rate private. I don't want to hurt feelings of those that paid more, or hear call outs from those that say they did better.

It took: communication that I had a better outside source, and negotiation of the amount I was willing to put down.

Fin Manager got Ford Finance on the phone, told them of my down payment ability and where I wanted the interest rate. We came to a deal, with both parties happy.

1) Yes: Credit Unions are your best bet.
2) Have a back-up plan, or you are stuck with their first offer.

Vikingrl

Reaction score
How many miles are they suppose to drive it during this inspection? How many miles does the factory drive it? My truck was just delivered from the factory yesterday and they sent me the odometer and it already has 43.5 miles on it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
How many miles are they suppose to drive it during this inspection? How many miles does the factory drive it? My truck was just delivered from the factory yesterday and they sent me the odometer and it already has 43.5 miles on it.

pfft. mine had more than 100. Factory held some trucks back for extra QA.

Vikingrl

Reaction score
pfft. mine had more than 100. Factory held some trucks back for extra QA.

Ok thanks! I was Just wondering, I thought I saw some other people wrote they had like 12 miles on them so when they sent me the odometer picture I was surprised.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked up mine last week.

No issues so far. Had 14 miles on it.

Ford's best interest rate was 1/2% higher than what my bank gave me with a 2 min online application.

Shop around

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had 50 miles on it when I first found it on the lot at my local dealer (I did not order the truck- it was one that someone else had ordered but that guy backed out of it after it arrived).. My truck did have a sticker on the outside of the windshield saying it had extra miles put on it at the factory for QA purposes. Not sure if anyone from the dealership drove it any extra for the short time it was on their lot, but 50 miles wasnt a biggie to me- after I took 2 test drives and got it to my house, I had already more than doubled the mileage on the odometer.

I typically go thru State Farm for auto loan financing, they always have competitive rates and as a bonus, all their loans include GAP insurance as well. I had asked my State Farm agent what their rates were on new 2017 vehicles. She told me at the time it was 2.54% for 12-36 months, and 4.69% for 79-84 months. I also happened to have a coupon for an extra 0.5% off that interest rate. So that was my baseline number going into the dealer. I ended up doing financing thru one of the dealers banks for the same as what I had been quoted from my State Farm agent and I made sure that they threw in the GAP insurance on the deal as well.