Parking Lights as DRLs and LED longevity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello hope all is well!

As a new gen 2 raptor owner, I am discovering more and more about this great truck. I recently have started using Forscan took change two minor values (the double honk and parking lights as DRLs)

My question relates to the parking lights as DRLs. I understand that all mods inherently contain some risk ( such as premature wear) but I as am wondering what the risk is with this specific mod. Do I have anything to worry about? I will stick with the low beam if I have to if there is a risk of burning out these leds

Thanks and I am excited to join the community!

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LEDs have a general life expectancy of 50,000 hrs. If you use your lights for 10 hours a day, this should be 13.7 yrs.

OP
OP
N

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LEDs have a general life expectancy of 50,000 hrs. If you use your lights for 10 hours a day, this should be 13.7 yrs.
Got it. Are there the parking lights designed for continuous use (such as a drl situation?)

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Designed to be used continuously vs capable of being used continously are not necessarily the same, but you should have no issues. Considering the headlights are LED and the factory DRL setting is for them to run all the time, it isn't that much different to run the parking lights instead.