Omg Engine disintegration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
maybe electronics are more sophisticated now than on the last vehicles I busted cats on, but I have put 3 catalytic converters in the ground, 2 were Bassani high flow, one from a centuries old Ford Exploder - no CEL. Also, the factory cat did not make the trademark ‘marbles in a can’ sound.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe electronics are more sophisticated now than on the last vehicles I busted cats on, but I have put 3 catalytic converters in the ground, 2 were Bassani high flow, one from a centuries old Ford Exploder - no CEL. Also, the factory cat did not make the trademark ‘marbles in a can’ sound.

I blew a cat on my Gen 1. It did make the 'marbles in a can' sound and a bit later did throw a CEL. It seemed to run fine - though I minimized driving until I could get it fixed.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I blew a cat on my Gen 1. It did make the 'marbles in a can' sound and a bit later did throw a CEL. It seemed to run fine - though I minimized driving until I could get it fixed.

UNPOSSIBLE ! Gen1 has a 100% reliability record. I read it right here on FRF, so we know it has to be true. :)

<kidding>

did it choke the life out of the power? I remember when my Exploder cat went out, I could barely hold 60mph uphill at WFO throttle.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UNPOSSIBLE ! Gen1 has a 100% reliability record. I read it right here on FRF, so we know it has to be true. :)

<kidding>

did it choke the life out of the power? I remember when my Exploder cat went out, I could barely hold 60mph uphill at WFO throttle.

No, it didn't seem to affect it at all - other than the annoying rattle, followed by the CEL.

I knew it was no bueno, so basically got it home from my camping trip and then to the dealer (let me tell you how fun THAT warranty fight was since I have a supercharger).

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it didn't seem to affect it at all - other than the annoying rattle, followed by the CEL.

I knew it was no bueno, so basically got it home from my camping trip and then to the dealer (let me tell you how fun THAT warranty fight was since I have a supercharger).

Did you win the fight in the end?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great to hear! Was your Roush on your truck from the factory? If so, Ford shouldnt be so difficult about honoring warranties.

Also, did you have to get Ford customer service involved to win the fight?

No, my truck is a 2012 and I had the Roush supercharger installed (by a Roush authorized dealer) in May of 2016. The cat went out a couple weeks later - so they did try to be fussy about the supercharger/tune. It was on the path of calling in Ford customer service, but the tech ended up kinda pulling some strings and getting it taken care of.

McCrazy

Reaction score
It is at Brandon Ford. I bought it at Lakeland Ford. I live in Belleair but I was heading to Brandon when this happened

I took my F250 to Brandon Ford for my warranteed EGR Cooler replacement. I told the service writeup guy (Mike) that I wanted to see my old EGR Cooler after the replacement was in and he complied. Just tell them you want to see it when you drop it off but too late for that.