Omg Engine disintegration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YES YOU CAN! You OWN the parts that they remove and replace. You can ask that the dealer provide you with every part that they removed and replaced, and they are obligated to do it.

Correct about showing him the parts. But if he wants to keep the parts he may have to pay for the repair. Some items have a core charge and some must be returned to Ford. If the parts get called back and the dealer doesn't return them Ford doesn't pay us for the warranty claim.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES YOU CAN! You OWN the parts that they remove and replace. You can ask that the dealer provide you with every part that they removed and replaced, and they are obligated to do it.

WRONG...I work in the Automotive industry and if the dealer wants to get reimbursed for the repairs they have to provide failed warranty parts so the OEM/Suppliers can do a post portem analysis to see why they failed. We used to do studies on warranty returned parts all the times.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Ford wants any warrantied part sent to them. 18 is looking like a better idea every day , so is the idea of that 7.0 motor

No changes coming in power train or drivetrain on the 18my. 7.0 motor is never happening in the P552 platform in raptor.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WRONG...I work in the Automotive industry and if the dealer wants to get reimbursed for the repairs they have to provide failed warranty parts so the OEM/Suppliers can do a post portem analysis to see why they failed. We used to do studies on warranty returned parts all the times.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

No changes coming in power train or drivetrain on the 18my. 7.0 motor is never happening in the P552 platform in raptor.

Im thinking 18 cuz maybe by then they will have fixed all the problems. Re the 7.0... im going just keep hoping....

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a thought on this issue... I have to wonder if a catalytic converter broke up (internally). I have seen that happen before, with similar symptoms... idle is smooth (enough air can pass through the busted cat to allow for that), and it seems normal when revved. Put it under load, however, and it's a different story.

It also sounds like you dropped a bunch of lug nuts in a clothes dryer as the chunks of the cat rattle around inside the housing...

Anyhoo, here's to hoping for a quick fix for the OP...

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a thought on this issue... I have to wonder if a catalytic converter broke up (internally). I have seen that happen before, with similar symptoms... idle is smooth (enough air can pass through the busted cat to allow for that), and it seems normal when revved. Put it under load, however, and it's a different story.

It also sounds like you dropped a bunch of lug nuts in a clothes dryer as the chunks of the cat rattle around inside the housing...

Anyhoo, here's to hoping for a quick fix for the OP...

Very true a bad Cat (broken substrate), the vehicle will run bad, but a CEL will come on