new raptor drinking oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwong6736

Reaction score
I had my oil service done at 6500 miles and I'm at 8k in miles and I have to add almost 1.5 qts. I brought it to the almost every 1000 miles. truck is stock. I brought it to the dealer is this normal?

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the oil level right after you had it changed? Not uncommon for one of their oil change guys to put the wrong quantity in. I've had it happen to me twice in the past so now I always check it soon as they change it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Be highly skeptical of any work that a Ford technician does on your vehicle. I know that we have a couple very good senior technicians on this forum; however, normally they stick rookies on our vehicles.

A friend of mine use to always take his truck into the dealership to be serviced. On one occasion, he got his oil changed, but the technician never put the oil cap back on. He lives on several hundred acres. As a result, the engine was ruined due to driving on dirt roads. Ford (his dealership) bought him a brand new vehicle.

More recently, I took my truck in to get the transmission flushed. I brought my own oil (Amsoil), and had it sitting right in the truck. Furthermore, the ticket clearly stated that the customer was bringing his own fluid; yet, the technician still managed to do the flush without using my oil.

Most technicians are lazy or do not have a clue of what they are doing. A Raptor’s oil change is one of the easiest things you can do. It might be best for you to take matters into your own hands. Before I do that, I would raise cane with the service manager. Lol have fun with that because Ford customer service sucks most of the time...

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened to me on a bmw, also unrelated on a motorcycle, oil light came on 2 miles from the dealer

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be highly skeptical of any work that a Ford technician does on your vehicle. I know that we have a couple very good senior technicians on this forum; however, normally they stick rookies on our vehicles.

A friend of mine use to always take his truck into the dealership to be serviced. On one occasion, he got his oil changed, but the technician never put the oil cap back on. He lives on several hundred acres. As a result, the engine was ruined due to driving on dirt roads. Ford (his dealership) bought him a brand new vehicle.

More recently, I took my truck in to get the transmission flushed. I brought my own oil (Amsoil), and had it sitting right in the truck. Furthermore, the ticket clearly stated that the customer was bringing his own fluid; yet, the technician still managed to do the flush without using my oil.

Most technicians are lazy or do not have a clue of what they are doing. A Raptor’s oil change is one of the easiest things you can do. It might be best for you to take matters into your own hands. Before I do that, I would raise cane with the service manager. Lol have fun with that because Ford customer service sucks most of the time...

Never seen a technician working Fords Quick Lane. Its usually unskilled labor for minimal wage changing oil and rotating tires.