GEN 2 How long did you wait?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been eying a Raptor for quite sometime, and am thinking I would like to have my own special ordered exactly
How I want it.

Only question is how long did you wait before you received your truck? I’m in a bit of a predicament with my current truck losing value as I pile the miles on. I planned for my truck to be worth about 15k on a dealer trade when I sell it. And I was just recently offered 19,500 for it in its current state.

The thing is I’m waiting to see what the 2019 has to offer, and see what special edition color is going to be next. Also, I’m pretty picky as to what I want on my build. No stickers as I see it’s s huge waste of money and can add it aftermarket way cheaper if need be. I plan on 802a, orange interior, tech package and possibly carbon package, no tailgate step, moonroof. (Still undecided on what I want to do with wheels)

Your responses are going to help me get an idea and see what I should do. Look to buy an 18 soon or wait for a 19 if I can get one quick enough... I plan on selling my truck privately for more money as it is. But if the 19s have some tweaks it could be worth waiting .. and also if it takes and months and months to deliver a 19 my truck may have lost too much value if it takes several months to arrive. I currently have 59k on my current truck, and drive an avg of 2k miles per month. And I know when this thingsgets to and about 70-75,000 miles the value nosedives even though I’ll still have power train warranty to 100,000.

Any info on how long you guys waited will be appreciated. Also the Ford plant shutting down does make me a bit nervous for the 19s production time as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04SSHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 2 months in right now, no estimated build date yet.

hazeleyes

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you order, expect to wait anywhere from 6 weeks to 5+ months, depending on the options you want and whether they're in short supply at the time you order. There's really no way of knowing what might hold up your truck if you go the special order route. (Carbon fiber and beadlock-capable wheels have been infamous for slowing things down in the past.)

That said, the truck has been in production long enough that you could also drive onto a dealer lot and find one or more in stock. (My dealer currently has 3 in stock, in fact.)

Me, I am very particular about my vehicles, so I ordered. My sig below has the timeline for my order ... (My truck is currently in Nashville awaiting a carrier to bring it 90 minutes to my dealer, so I should have it in a day or two!)

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are going to be waiting a lot longer too - Ford halted ALL F150 production for an undetermined amount of time due to a part shortage.

sdorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been eying a Raptor for quite sometime, and am thinking I would like to have my own special ordered exactly
How I want it.

Only question is how long did you wait before you received your truck? I’m in a bit of a predicament with my current truck losing value as I pile the miles on. I planned for my truck to be worth about 15k on a dealer trade when I sell it. And I was just recently offered 19,500 for it in its current state.

The thing is I’m waiting to see what the 2019 has to offer, and see what special edition color is going to be next. Also, I’m pretty picky as to what I want on my build. No stickers as I see it’s s huge waste of money and can add it aftermarket way cheaper if need be. I plan on 802a, orange interior, tech package and possibly carbon package, no tailgate step, moonroof. (Still undecided on what I want to do with wheels)

Your responses are going to help me get an idea and see what I should do. Look to buy an 18 soon or wait for a 19 if I can get one quick enough... I plan on selling my truck privately for more money as it is. But if the 19s have some tweaks it could be worth waiting .. and also if it takes and months and months to deliver a 19 my truck may have lost too much value if it takes several months to arrive. I currently have 59k on my current truck, and drive an avg of 2k miles per month. And I know when this thingsgets to and about 70-75,000 miles the value nosedives even though I’ll still have power train warranty to 100,000.

Any info on how long you guys waited will be appreciated. Also the Ford plant shutting down does make me a bit nervous for the 19s production time as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the concern about waiting you have is depreciation on your existing truck because you are putting a lot of miles on it, I can tell you that a brand new truck is going to depreciate a whole lot faster mile for mile. So from a purely financial perspective, driving your current truck for longer and then buying a new truck is going to leave you in a better financial condition than buying a new truck sooner and putting a bunch of miles on it.