Gen 2 0-60 and first drive review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pic18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for an outfit that had a long term Gen 1 I was hoping for a bit more of a comparison. I.e. they seemed to be complaining about the nose dive under braking, but didn't state how that compared to the GEN 1.

I also found the MPG interesting, but he was actually driving it fairly hard so 15.5 wasn't that bad considering. Hopefully they will start shipping!

Last edited:

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.8 is impressive, but I'm sure that was one of the downhill runs. 7.0 uphill.

Low to mid sixes is probably what it will do on a drag strip, which isn't bad at all.

And there's a lot of turbo lag going from a dead start. The engine will probably shine the most at on-ramp and highway passing speeds.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.8 is impressive, but I'm sure that was one of the downhill runs. 7.0 uphill.

Low to mid sixes is probably what it will do on a drag strip, which isn't bad at all.

And there's a lot of turbo lag going from a dead start. The engine will probably shine the most at on-ramp and highway passing speeds.

Its from inconsistent launches. With turbocharged, heavy trucks and lots of torque, you need to brake launch and use 4x4 to get the best runs. I would bet it runs better than that at a strip with someone familiar with the truck.

The power and weight should put it around a low 14 second, maybe high 13 second with the SCAB quarter mile

Last edited:

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TFL guy was very hot and cold on the truck. Seemed like he didn't want to give it a great review but felt like he has to. Seemed like he was a bit disappointed in the truck over all from what he was expecting. Just my opinion of course.

If that fuel mileage average included all of the driving he did on the video that's not bad.