Finally!!! 1st time Raptor owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow9

Reaction score
My first post on here. You guys have been very helpful!!! I ordered one back in November from a local dealer in central Florida at MSRP. I STILL don't have a VIN number. I've been looking and calling all over but couldn't find anything under 5K ADM. I been doing this for 2 months. I randomly stopped at a different local dealer yesterday and saw a white one with the options I wanted. I found the GM and explained how frustrated I was and told him I would buy his at MSRP. He told me they had just bought that one for MSRP from another dealership. He said give me $1,000 over MSRP. Now, I didn't want to do this because I didn't want to waste $1,000. I said let's look at my trade. To make a long story short, they gave me more for my platinum then I expected so I did the deal. Couldn't be happier!!!
My point in this is...for those waiting, I think the prices are getting ready to come down to MSRP. The market seems to be getting saturated with 5k over deals. They have to start letting these go. I totally didn't expect to be driving my new Raptor today!!!! Someone posted earlier about being in the right place at the right time. It's 100% true. Good luck to all. Well worth the wait!!!
Thanks for all your help!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5887.JPG
    IMG_5887.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 148

Scott_in_FL

Reaction score
Congrats!! Beautiful truck.

Now, I need to keep my fingers crossed that I'll be in the right place and right time sometime soon :)

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get on trade for the platinum. I have a 2016 and am in the same boat.

OP
OP
S

Shadow9

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much did you get on trade for the platinum. I have a 2016 and am in the same boat.

I had a 2015 Platinum. They gave me $40,000. I expected 38k. Had 28k miles, no moonroof

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats....sure things work out for a reason....now how long do you keep your cars for? Just asking because you owned the last truck for 2 years. Big losses when it comes to buying new and trading in every two years...

OP
OP
S

Shadow9

Reaction score
Congrats....sure things work out for a reason....now how long do you keep your cars for? Just asking because you owned the last truck for 2 years. Big losses when it comes to buying new and trading in every two years...

Blessed is the best answer for that. Haha. I don't have any vises except for vehicles. You are very correct, though. Not good investments......