Fellow Raptor owner needs help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16pawshouston

Reaction score
Hello. I bought a 2018 SCrew and have 6000 miles on it. I was accelerating on an on ramp to a highway and the "low oil pressure" light came on. The truck went into limp mode and I coasted to the shoulder. Turned the truck off and looked for oil and didn't see anything. Turned it back on and it drove fine. Happened again two days later, but the engine light came on and stayed on. I took it to the closest Ford dealer and he said the oil was below the low mark on the dip stick, which was amazing since I checked the oil 1200 miles before and it was full. I almost was hit each time by semis when the power cut out! The dealer said it was throwing camshaft sensor/fault codes. The truck sent misfire codes to my Ford phone app. Now it grinds and rattles on cold starts. The dealer wants to give me the truck back and told me that I have to bring it in EVERY 200 miles for an oil consumption test! They said this needs to be done until a quart of oil is consumed. I asked them if they really were suggesting that I drive a dangerous truck to do a test that they should be doing....they didn't give a crap. Who even have the time to bring a new Raptor in every 200 miles?!! Any ideas?

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thats so messed up! Yea, I wouldn't be driving it into a dealer every 200 miles. And to your point, doesnt seem like it should really be driven at all at this point until they get it fixed! Yea, sounds like you need to find another dealer and/ or possibly contact Ford itself. Good luck.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the minimum i would send that dealer a certified letter outlining the safety issue and near misses already as documentation going forward in the event something does happen. And i would still look for another dealer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk