GEN 2 Error messages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mech_eng

Reaction score
I took my raptor back down to the Padre Island National Seashore this weekend and flogged on it pretty hard..... After about 50 miles, I got two error messages, one for a steering assist fault and one for a Advancetrac fault I think it was. I have driven another 100 miles or so on asphalt and have not had the messages pop back up. Questions:

Has anyone else experienced these error messages on a GEN 2?

Should I take the truck to the dealer to plug in and see what is going on even though the messages have went away?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
The dealer should be able to pull how/why the faults triggered. It'd be worth a visit IMO.

JDog

Reaction score
I took my raptor back down to the Padre Island National Seashore this weekend and flogged on it pretty hard..... After about 50 miles, I got two error messages, one for a steering assist fault and one for a Advancetrac fault I think it was. I have driven another 100 miles or so on asphalt and have not had the messages pop back up. Questions:

Should I take the truck to the dealer to plug in and see what is going on even though the messages have went away?

How'd it do on PINS? Bet that was fun. You just spray off undercarriage afterwards to get rid of sand/salt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mech_eng

Reaction score
How'd it do on PINS? Bet that was fun. You just spray off undercarriage afterwards to get rid of sand/salt?

I did awesome! I won't say how fast I got up to since it is a national park and all but I'll just say it was exhilarating!

The truck is undercoated but I did spend a fair amount of time on the undercarriage when I washed the truck on Sunday. I actually spent more time cleaning under the truck than the body lol. Sometimes you just have to let a truck be a truck!

JDog

Reaction score
I did awesome! I won't say how fast I got up to since it is a national park and all but I'll just say it was exhilarating!

The truck is undercoated but I did spend a fair amount of time on the undercarriage when I washed the truck on Sunday. I actually spent more time cleaning under the truck than the body lol. Sometimes you just have to let a truck be a truck!

You can get a LONG way from a park ranger down there. :)

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you get a lot of errors all at once, hill descent, etc

Turgenius

Reaction score
I had the BLIS and cross traffic fault. Dealer reset them today, no other issues. At least so far.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just started getting these two faults yesterday, wasnt there this AM at start up and came back again. Guess a trip to the dealer is in order.

The dealer won't find codes, you'll need to take videos to show them what's happening

Most of the time, there's either a short somewhere in your truck's network or it is throttle body related

Lots of threads on this in the regular F150 forums