Email Today from Austin Stealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agswin

Reaction score
Thought everybody needed a good laugh today.

"I just wanted to inform you that we were told this morning that we are selling our 2 Raptors (Avalanche in color) for $5k over MSRP. We were originally asking $10k over, but wanted to compete with everyone else and decided to go a little lower than everyone else. If you're still in the market for a new RAPTOR, please let me know and I would be honored to assist you in any way possible."

Leif Johnson Ford

naamanf

Reaction score
Thought everybody needed a good laugh today.

"I just wanted to inform you that we were told this morning that we are selling our 2 Raptors (Avalanche in color) for $5k over MSRP. We were originally asking $10k over, but wanted to compete with everyone else and decided to go a little lower than everyone else. If you're still in the market for a new RAPTOR, please let me know and I would be honored to assist you in any way possible."

Leif Johnson Ford

Ugh. They had one I wanted but wouldn't play ball on pricing, best they could do was $7500 over.

From their sales guy;

"They've been selling. No reason to give them away, then we won't have any to sell.

Buying a Raptor isn't about the price, it's about having the truck everyeone wants and only the few can have"

I let them keep theirs and got it elsewhere.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still dont get it why everyone gets so mad at the dealers. If you dont like their price then go elsewhere.

If you want avalanche color though, MY 2017 is all there is. And soon, those will be gone.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same email.

What's infuriating about the markup is that these large dealerships went around buying allocations/trucks up and artificially propped up this market. Could you imagine the backlash if Walmart bought all the (insert new phone/gaming console/etc) from its competitors before it hit the market and attempted to sell at a 25% increase over retail price?