GEN 2 Electric Steering no column lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man who else loves the electric steering. Changing stuff on the gen 1 was a pain in the ass when you needed to have the key in to move the tires to do things. Man with this new system no key needed just turn the wheels where ya need to. I know its a small thing but I am happy. :)

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
You can turn the wheels with the ignition off? The ignition lock has gone the way of the horse and buggy, huh?

My Mazda6 has electric steering but it feels like it "locks" the steering wheel when the car is off. I will have to see if I can turn the wheel with it off now!

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can turn the wheels with the ignition off? The ignition lock has gone the way of the horse and buggy, huh?

My Mazda6 has electric steering but it feels like it "locks" the steering wheel when the car is off. I will have to see if I can turn the wheel with it off now!
Ya did some front lights and was able to move the tires any way i needed no key. I love no power steering fluid coming out leaking when you force the wheels back and forth. :)