Dog Transport Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigzaj

Reaction score
Our oldest daughter is moving out soon and we will be down to a family of 5, which means the raptor will become the primary vehicle over the wife's expedition.

Any good options for keeping dogs in the bed that does not require a big crate? (And yes they are dumb enough to jump out)

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen online before, I don't have any experience to provide, but they look like a decent solution.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I11LX60/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I run a set up pretty similar to this - only I use a single tie down strap hooked into the left and right points with a bungee style leash.

Here's a pic in my Nissan Frontier (same concept) to give you an idea. Pardon the hair, my husky was blowing his undercoat when we went on our adventure. I've since started using a D-clip attached to the leash to hook into the tie down strap more quickly.

Attachments

• 20170805_163307.jpg
    20170805_163307.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 131

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may end up using a crate and ramps. I've got a purebred Irish Wolfhound and she's going to be 140lbs or so. Need to teach her to use ramps as there's no way I will be lifting her in and out.

pup

Reaction score
Yep - treat your dogs right and keep them safe in a good kennel. I'm a big fan of Gunner Kennels - https://gunnerkennels.com

Because accidents do happen -

v1_Kody_Van_Pelt_Crash_Tested_Real_Life_Dog.jpg

Last edited:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use a Leer shell for my 3 boys. Get a decent quality one and it looks pretty good. They have plenty of room, are protected from the elements, and I can pull the dog beds out and have my bed when I need it. I also have the racks on top for kayaks or ...?

Attachments

• IMG_5945.jpg
    IMG_5945.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 104