Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

DIY Tire Rotation (TPMS problems?)

This is a discussion on DIY Tire Rotation (TPMS problems?) within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Good info here. Except you, Jake.... What you have just said is one of ...

User Tag List

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Good info here.

Except you, Jake.... What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

2017 Lightning Blue SCREW (Sold)- 802A, tech package, carbon fiber, moon roof, Fab Fours Vengeance Pre-Runner front bumper with lots of LEDs, 20x9 Fuel Vapor wheels with 37x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires, Icon 2.25" front level, Line-X bed spray, tinted windows, retractable bed cover
ChevyChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Originally Posted by brettmess24 View Post
I didn’t have to do a thing when I rotated mine.
bingo

Old 07-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My 2018 Raptor figured it all out on its own. FWIW, I run with six tires. Discount Tire put TPMS in both spares. Those sync up automatically too.

I was happily surprised to see that the correct tires showed up on the screen.
ChevyChad and Pikser like this.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thumbs down
Originally Posted by ChevyChad View Post
About ready to rotate my tires since I have about 4k on the truck now. Can I just rotate them and call it a day? Or will that throw off the TPMS system? If the sensors need to be re-learned for the new location, is there any way I can do that myself?
Chad: Did you do a 4 or 5 (including spare) rotation? I'd prefer to rotate all 5 to get as much life as possible from them, and so when I replace them I can replace all 5 and keep a matched set. The reason I ask is that my spare has a 'temporary use only' sticker on it even though it's a full-size service tire on a full-size rim (I have the optional wheels).

The only reason I can think of for the sticker is that there's no TPMS sensor in the spare. I wondered about putting one in there, and if it would work automatically or cause the dash warning light for the TPMS system to come on. I seem to remember poking around in the Forscan spreadsheet and seeing a setting for a 4- or 6-channel TPMS system (don't think there was a 5-channel option). If I set it for 6-channels and put a sensor in the spare that seems like it would cause the warning light to come on as the system isn't getting data from a 6th channel (unless I put 2 sensors in one tire).

My questions are if I get a new TPMS sensor and put it in the spare will the system receive data from it and allow me to do 5-tire rotations?

Wheelman: Any Forscan settings to modify? If I read your post correctly you just put the sensors in the spares and the system read them? How do they show on your dash display (can you post a picture if you don't mind)?
zemuron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:27 AM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by zemuron99 View Post
Chad: Did you do a 4 or 5 (including spare) rotation? I'd prefer to rotate all 5 to get as much life as possible from them, and so when I replace them I can replace all 5 and keep a matched set. The reason I ask is that my spare has a 'temporary use only' sticker on it even though it's a full-size service tire on a full-size rim (I have the optional wheels).

The only reason I can think of for the sticker is that there's no TPMS sensor in the spare. I wondered about putting one in there, and if it would work automatically or cause the dash warning light for the TPMS system to come on. I seem to remember poking around in the Forscan spreadsheet and seeing a setting for a 4- or 6-channel TPMS system (don't think there was a 5-channel option). If I set it for 6-channels and put a sensor in the spare that seems like it would cause the warning light to come on as the system isn't getting data from a 6th channel (unless I put 2 sensors in one tire).

My questions are if I get a new TPMS sensor and put it in the spare will the system receive data from it and allow me to do 5-tire rotations?

Wheelman: Any Forscan settings to modify? If I read your post correctly you just put the sensors in the spares and the system read them? How do they show on your dash display (can you post a picture if you don't mind)?
I haven't done mine yet. Planning to this weekend. I can't answer your main question(s), but I am pretty sure that the spare does not have a TPMS in it.

2017 Lightning Blue SCREW (Sold)- 802A, tech package, carbon fiber, moon roof, Fab Fours Vengeance Pre-Runner front bumper with lots of LEDs, 20x9 Fuel Vapor wheels with 37x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires, Icon 2.25" front level, Line-X bed spray, tinted windows, retractable bed cover
ChevyChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by wheelman55 View Post
My 2018 Raptor figured it all out on its own. FWIW, I run with six tires. Discount Tire put TPMS in both spares. Those sync up automatically too.

I was happily surprised to see that the correct tires showed up on the screen.
Can you post a pic of what your tire pressure display looks like in your gauge console? I want to put a TPMS in my spare so I can do a 5-tire rotation when I'm due. Wondering how the display configures this. Where did you get the additional TPMS sensors, and how much did Discount Tire charge to put them in? Are you using OEM rims or aftermarket ones?

Lots of questions, thanks for any answers you can share.
zemuron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by zemuron99 View Post
Can you post a pic of what your tire pressure display looks like in your gauge console? I want to put a TPMS in my spare so I can do a 5-tire rotation when I'm due. Wondering how the display configures this. Where did you get the additional TPMS sensors, and how much did Discount Tire charge to put them in? Are you using OEM rims or aftermarket ones?

Lots of questions, thanks for any answers you can share.
I run six OE Ford bead locks.

The display will only show the four corners. When I rotate the tires, the Raptor shows the TPMS at each corner. It doesnít show the spare under the bed or the second spare in bed.

Discount Tire sells the TPMS units. Just go there, donít OCD on this.

I also use balance beads, which Iíve been happy with. I live off grid for half the year and drive very rough roads. I also do top end runs on the 90 mile one way trip to town. The speed governor on the truck shuts it down at 107/108. Balance has stayed good.

Best.
gijosh28 likes this.
wheelman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Full Access Member

You’re exactly right concerning the Temporary Use sticker. It’s somewhere in the manual (sorry( not at home right now(, but it states the spare is identical to the other four with the exception of the TPMS module.