DFW Parking Garage Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one take their unmodified Gen2s into the terminal parking garages at DFW? I want to make sure I don't open this thing up like asardine can.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 17706

Any one take their unmodified Gen2s into the terminal parking garages at DFW? I want to make sure I don't open this thing up like asardine can.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The only issue you will have is your antenna hitting the roof of the garage. It would be best for you to take it off and get an aftermarket one. That is the only issue I ever had. I fly regularly there and I always park my vehicle in one of the terminals. Lol in some places, it will be close. Just remember... breathe in... breath out... deep breathes!

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue you will have is your antenna hitting the roof of the garage. It would be best for you to take it off and get an aftermarket one. That is the only issue I ever had. I fly regularly there and I always park my vehicle in one of the terminals. Lol in some places, it will be close. Just remember... breathe in... breath out... deep breathes!
I ended up changing my antenna but I miss the "warning"

I always used to use the stock antenna as a a buffer letting me know what's up lol

Most garages will fit larger vehicles, read the overhead posted sign before entering if you're worried. Only thing to watch out for is sometimes floor one is taller than the rest and you might need to park on that floor.

Never been to this garage myself but that's the general rule book.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
copb8

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Funny! Great info. Thanks.

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
I've seen many parked on the lowest level - not sure about the upper levels. For long-term parking I always go through the left entry gate and turn left to park in the area by the parking entrance - 90% of the time I can find a spot there, and it's close to elevators. On the odd occasion that there isn't a spot, I've always been able to go back toward the entrance/exit gate area and park by the exit on the ground level. The closer you can get to the entrance/exit area, the more likely you are to find odd-shaped and over-sided parking spots.

I flew in/out of DTW every week June 4 - October 1 this summer and was able to park this way every time.

OP
OP
copb8

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up changing my antenna but I miss the "warning"

I always used to use the stock antenna as a a buffer letting me know what's up lol

Most garages will fit larger vehicles, read the overhead posted sign before entering if you're worried. Only thing to watch out for is sometimes floor one is taller than the rest and you might need to park on that floor.

Never been to this garage myself but that's the general rule book.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I know there's an antenna thread but I might as well ask you which one you got and are you happy with it? Maybe save me some surfing time.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the concrete beams. If one has scuff marks, it is a low point and has nabbed other vehicles.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've parked in them several times with my '13 F250. It had a 2" leveling kit and 325/60-20's on it and I never had a problem.