Which color is closest to the trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braptorin

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time understanding how the marketing pictures compare with aftermarkets... from the marketing shots it looks like the trim pieces are almost exactly "magnetic" but from the aftermarket (owner's) pictures I find randomly online, I see the trim is mostly black (thus Shadow Black in 2018 would match best).

I've been going crazy trying to find a side-by-side photograph with all three of Shadow, Lead Foot, and Magnetic, which could answer my question. Perhaps that exists? Please link me if it does! I googled until my eyeballs fell out.

Thanks!

Dragonta2z

Reaction score
Magnetic and Shadow are the two closest. I have the Magnetic and it matches near perfect. A friend has black and you can see the contrast up close. 019fac822d95aabbb2d0762856e66961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time understanding how the marketing pictures compare with aftermarkets... from the marketing shots it looks like the trim pieces are almost exactly "magnetic" but from the aftermarket (owner's) pictures I find randomly online, I see the trim is mostly black (thus Shadow Black in 2018 would match best).

I've been going crazy trying to find a side-by-side photograph with all three of Shadow, Lead Foot, and Magnetic, which could answer my question. Perhaps that exists? Please link me if it does! I googled until my eyeballs fell out.

Thanks!
Magnetic is too light, shadow too dark. Lead foot looks closest in the 2 pictures I've seen of it in real life.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Magnetic is too light, shadow too dark. Lead foot looks closest in the 2 pictures I've seen of it in real life.

Magnetic looks closest to me, but it is gloss and the trim is matte.
I saw Lead Foot at a local dealer and it is lighter and not metallic.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
Magnetic looks closest to me, but it is gloss and the trim is matte.
I saw Lead Foot at a local dealer and it is lighter and not metallic.

That correlates with the custom-build photos on the Ford website, but those are so computerized it is very hard to tell (the Lead Foot is lighter than the Magnetic).

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
One of the reasons why Magnetic looked the best to me and I chose it... At times it almost looks color matched. Hands down Magnetic is closest.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to order a new front flare. When I asked the parts guy if it came painted, he said, "hold on...30 seconds pass...it says magnetic". So the paint they use on the trim is called magnetic. I believe that should settle it.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18,000,002, 18,000,003, 18,000,004, and 18,000,005 pic of that truck (but who's counting, anyway).