Bunch of newbie questions.. from wheel locks to liners to wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roscoe95

Reaction score
Ok team, Lead foot scab on order. Told it will go to build shortly. Getting things lined up for arrival:

-Ordered with the bead locks. I am assuming the lug nuts are black? Best supplier for locking lugs? Want to hold on to those wheels.
-Thoughts on rear wheel well liners? I ordered the husky mud flaps and the liners are on sale.
-Undercoating spray? I think some folks have used Amsol product?
-Power point for radar detector? On my Gen 1, I tapped into overhead light.
-What have folks done to seal/wax? I plan on using the de-iron spray, clay, then some type of sealant (not thinking the ceramic stuff).

Thanks in advance.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Ok team, Lead foot scab on order. Told it will go to build shortly. Getting things lined up for arrival:

-Ordered with the bead locks. I am assuming the lug nuts are black? Best supplier for locking lugs? Want to hold on to those wheels.
-Thoughts on rear wheel well liners? I ordered the husky mud flaps and the liners are on sale.
-Undercoating spray? I think some folks have used Amsol product?
-Power point for radar detector? On my Gen 1, I tapped into overhead light.
-What have folks done to seal/wax? I plan on using the de-iron spray, clay, then some type of sealant (not thinking the ceramic stuff).

Thanks in advance.

Radar detectors don't work!

Nice going with the Scab (aka true Raptor)

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id get the wheel wells sprayed with LineX Premium. Looks much better and dont have to worry about fitment.

Amsoil HDMP, its a waxy coating. Do some searching on this before you spray it. Be careful where you spray it too. Its not clear. Its a brownish yellow. I sprayed my Deaver leafs with it before install.

For the record radar detectors do work. Read this. Use Mirror taps to get power from the mirror.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/hardwiring-radar-detector-50826/

I use Adams products for exterior/interior

Nice choice with the SCAB!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Id get the wheel wells sprayed with LineX Premium. Looks much better and dont have to worry about fitment.

Amsoil HDMP, its a waxy coating. Do some searching on this before you spray it. Be careful where you spray it too. Its not clear. Its a brownish yellow. I sprayed my Deaver leafs with it before install.

For the record radar detectors do work. Read this. Use Mirror taps to get power from the mirror.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/hardwiring-radar-detector-50826/

I use Adams products for exterior/interior

Nice choice with the SCAB!

Radar/Lidar cops make the world safe for terrorists and spree killers.

+1 on the mirror tap, but there’s also power available from the light circuit overhead. great for a camera setup too.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just Amsoiled my truck this weekend. Would have been a lot easier had I done it right when I got the truck. 3 cans should get you the entire undercarriage.

As far as waxing goes, I'd buy AMMO Reflex and then follow up with Meguiars M21.
pRXCgHk.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

cfl4rat

Reaction score
I just Amsoiled my truck this weekend. Would have been a lot easier had I done it right when I got the truck. 3 cans should get you the entire undercarriage.

As far as waxing goes, I'd buy AMMO Reflex and then follow up with Meguiars M21.
pRXCgHk.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Do you have a pic handy of the underside, I’d like to see how it looks. Any overspray issues?

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a pic handy of the underside, I’d like to see how it looks. Any overspray issues?

I'll have to take one tomorrow. No, but I did sheet my truck to prevent any getting on the paint. Basically from bumpers/fenders down to the ground (I was using my family's lift). It is pretty easy to avoid overspray if you try, basically just like spray paint