Beadlock on spare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you with beadlock factory wheels...is your spare mounted on a beadlock as well?

My 2018 is due in next week and I want to know if I need to put that on my inspection list.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh! No shit. Didn't even know that. I guess I need to get up under there and pay more attention. Have only been under the front side to change oil...

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. No TPMS though

+1^^

I had to drop the spare to free up space/access to install shit in the bed a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised to see the forged wheel on the spare.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why no TPMS in the spare?

I'm going to need one as I plan on doing a 5 wheel/tire rotation

Probably just the manufacturer saving money.

I think there's no reason why with the beadlock upgrade cost they couldn't include a TPMS AND set the dash up so the tire pressure screen also showed the spare tire pressure.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 1 spare was beadlock and I assumed same on Gen 2 spare but hadn't dropped it to look. TPMS may be just a matter of programming it to the system. Stems look similar.

The DRis

Reaction score
Can the system read and report 5 TPMS sensors? How will it know where the 5th one is, especially if you swap out the spare to rotate for wear?

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually a handheld TPMS reset tool is used to trigger and reprogram sensors after a rotation, sensor change, etc.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to rotate the tires including the spare since I paid for it.

I assume I can add a TPMS for the spare and have the Raptor re-learn the 4 tires on the ground ignoring the spare.

Here's a TPMS for a Ford F-150 2017 from CJ Pony Parts

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-ti...or-valve-stem-type-f-150-2015-2017/p/TBANDS8/

$39.99 but may not be in stock - good price to have when talking to Ford dealer

tbands8_1.2485.jpg

Related info here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/tire-rotation-56805/

Last edited: