Aux switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the most popular uses for the aux switches?

I believe they are most frequently used for external lights (fog lights, rear facing lights, etc..). That said, it created an issue that I am not sure how to fix. When I use the switches to turn on my fog lights, my radio reception is significantly reduced. Stations very close to me still come in crystal clear, but more remote stations will have static. If I turn the fog lights off, the more distant stations are then crystal clear.

OP
OP
W

Wdh777

Reaction score
I believe they are most frequently used for external lights (fog lights, rear facing lights, etc..). That said, it created an issue that I am not sure how to fix. When I use the switches to turn on my fog lights, my radio reception is significantly reduced. Stations very close to me still come in crystal clear, but more remote stations will have static. If I turn the fog lights off, the more distant stations are then crystal clear.

How does it effect satellite radio?

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it effect satellite radio?

I don't have that anymore, but I believe they have a "free" station with advertising for satellite radio that I could test against. The fog lights are creating some kind of interference, but I am not sure how to fix the issue. The location where the fog light wires tie into the switch wires is close to the antenna, so that might be the culprit, but I would think others would also be experiencding the same problem if that was the issue.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights. Lights. And more lights.

I have lights hooked up to 5 of the 6 available.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
When I use the switches to turn on my fog lights, my radio reception is significantly reduced. Stations very close to me still come in crystal clear, but more remote stations will have static. If I turn the fog lights off, the more distant stations are then crystal clear.
I have 1 FM station that gets static from the fogs...the rest work fine.

JBBankshot

Reaction score
What are the most popular uses for the aux switches?

Light bar for the front. Front side lights. And rear bumper lights.

Attachments

• 790E9D5B-32B0-4CF5-AF0A-588069C76A82.jpg
    790E9D5B-32B0-4CF5-AF0A-588069C76A82.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 182DC07B-F137-4BF1-A59C-0020C950BF4E.jpg
    182DC07B-F137-4BF1-A59C-0020C950BF4E.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 36