Anyone heard any V8 ecoboost rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see the gen 2 forum is out of the gate ******* like the original forum was back in 2011/all Porsche forums all the time. Growing pains I guess.

No, if you bothered to read or search you just might have found 100 or so threads on this topic already.

Check the mirror.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? Is it over the payload capacity? I have a 302 I need to take to the machine shop. Am I going to have to borrow my neighbor's Silverado to transport it?

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about Fords powertrain marketing knows that V8s in passenger cars have and will continue to be replaced by smaller ecoboost engines. GM is doing the same thing.

The 3.5l Ecoboost in the current F150 has a higher payload capacity and tow rating then the 5.0l V8 option, in fact it has a higher tow rating then the old 6.2l in the non raptor trucks also.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone that knows ANYTHING about Fords powertrain marketing knows that V8s in passenger cars have and will continue to be replaced by smaller ecoboost engines. GM is doing the same thing.

The 3.5l Ecoboost in the current F150 has a higher payload capacity and tow rating then the 5.0l V8 option, in fact it has a higher tow rating then the old 6.2l in the non raptor trucks also.

Go back and read my post again.

aca399ba951ad05649387f09a7ffa6b5.jpg

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back and read my post again.

aca399ba951ad05649387f09a7ffa6b5.jpg

you got me!! haha:biggrin:

All the butt V8 guys have a hard time swallowing the pill of the V6 is the future and V8s are dead in the raptor, and most of Fords Vehicles. Ford just made a $400k GT and they choose a 650hp 3.5l V6 over a V8.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

All the butt V8 guys have a hard time swallowing the pill of the V6 is the future and V8s are dead in the raptor, and most of Fords Vehicles. Ford just made a $400k GT and they choose a 650hp 3.5l V6 over a V8.

The 3.5 was for Le Mans class rules. There's a reason V6 powered supercars are rare. They suck.

And Ford has been very vocal that V8s will continue to be developed for both the Mustang and F-150.

And in case you haven't heard, they have a brand new dual overhead cam 7.0 liter V8 in the works. Rumor is it's slated for the Raptor. Now that would be an exciting machine with an engine that actually makes sense for the application.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 3.5 was for Le Mans class rules. There's a reason V6 powered supercars are rare. They suck.

And Ford has been very vocal that V8s will continue to be developed for both the Mustang and F-150.

And in case you haven't heard, they have a brand new dual overhead cam 7.0 liter V8 in the works. Rumor is it's slated for the Raptor. Now that would be an exciting machine with an engine that actually makes sense for the application.

I didn't realize the xj220, nsx, and gt sucked because all the reviews say otherwise.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score

Nobody is arguing about cylinder number. What is being argued is longevity and reliability. This is proving out now as this "new" eco engine definitely does not have a smooth production start.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody is arguing about cylinder number. What is being argued is longevity and reliability. This is proving out now as this "new" eco engine definitely does not have a smooth production start.

Lots of people are arguing about cylinder number

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't realize the xj220, nsx, and gt sucked because all the reviews say otherwise.

A lot of the original buyers of the XJ demanded their deposits back when Jag dropped the 12 for a 6.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Lots of people are arguing about cylinder number

A big NA V8 would be much more reliable off-road.