Anyone have a Ford Dealership License?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIO

Reaction score
Long shot but does anyone have or know anyone who is a certified Ford Dealer? I found a 2017 preowned Raptor on Manheim, but it looks like I have to have a Ford dealership license in order to bid/win. I'm willing to pay a downpayment and a percentage of the final sale price as commission. Appreciate any and all help!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt anyone will be willing to "help" a random online. Only way someone with a resale license would help you is if you had 100% of money ready to go and they made a decent commission off you. Places like that are called Copart and they really are not a good deal.

Your best bet is to search normal used car sites and not look at places that you do not have access to. Why see what you cant have?

OP
OP
D

DIO

Reaction score
I highly doubt anyone will be willing to "help" a random online. Only way someone with a resale license would help you is if you had 100% of money ready to go and they made a decent commission off you. Places like that are called Copart and they really are not a good deal.

Your best bet is to search normal used car sites and not look at places that you do not have access to. Why see what you cant have?

Appreciate the input, like i said it's a long shot. Not even sure how the auction process entirely works so excuse my ignorance.

Regarding normal used car sites, I have been avidly searching those daily.. prices are still hovering around sticker for vehicles with solid number of miles on them :/

Thought i'd try this auction thing as a last resort before just putting in an order for a new 18

OP
OP
D

DIO

Reaction score
There is a good chance that if it is on an auction site like that it has a tagged title. Could anything from a lemon to accident damage.

I know dealerships buy from auctions and fix damages then resell, but are they also able to clear lemon titles?

Last edited:

TheChopShopLLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long shot but does anyone have or know anyone who is a certified Ford Dealer? I found a 2017 preowned Raptor on Manheim, but it looks like I have to have a Ford dealership license in order to bid/win. I'm willing to pay a downpayment and a percentage of the final sale price as commission. Appreciate any and all help!

If it's being sold at a Manheim auction, you just need used car dealer licence and be signed up to purchase at their locations. No Ford certification necessary.

Basically any used car dealer where you live who's a Manheim member can do it. Do you know any local car dealers?

OP
OP
D

DIO

Reaction score
If it's being sold at a Manheim auction, you just need used car dealer licence and be signed up to purchase at their locations. No Ford certification necessary.

Basically any used car dealer where you live who's a Manheim member can do it. Do you know any local car dealers?

So a guy I know who owns a used car dealership was actually going to help me with this auction. But he was the one who noticed that you had to have a FORD dealer license in order to bid/win.

TheChopShopLLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a guy I know who owns a used car dealership was actually going to help me with this auction. But he was the one who noticed that you had to have a FORD dealer license in order to bid/win.

How well do you know this local dealer?

I just ask because doesn’t sounds right if the truck is really being sold as pre-owned. I’ve never been to a Manheim sale and ever seen that. Doesn’t make it untrue, I just haven’t witnessed it.

OP
OP
D

DIO

Reaction score
How well do you know this local dealer?

I just ask because doesn’t sounds right if the truck is really being sold as pre-owned. I’ve never been to a Manheim sale and ever seen that. Doesn’t make it untrue, I just haven’t witnessed it.

I wouldn't say we're friends but he was willing to work with me for a commission. But I actually had another used car dealer pull up the listing with their Manheim account and they said the same thing. In terms of reasoning I was never given one so I really don't know why it needs to be a Ford dealer. :(

TheChopShopLLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say we're friends but he was willing to work with me for a commission. But I actually had another used car dealer pull up the listing with their Manheim account and they said the same thing. In terms of reasoning I was never given one so I really don't know why it needs to be a Ford dealer. :(

Gotcha. Gotta be something with that vehicle. Like I said, I’ve never seen it but sounds like it’s true. I’d say let it go. There are a lot of 2017’s available and prices are coming down. I’ve seen some loaded trucks high 50’s to low 60’s.