Ambient Lighting Brightness - Change it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the center console bin and usb lights stay blue regardless of which color I pick - this the same for everyone else?

Chris L

Reaction score
Ambient light - changing colors on 18's

I too am not able to find the ambient light control on the sync3 screen on my 18. My friend has a 17 and his has it on the 3rd screen (only icon on the 3rd screen). My sync3 only has 2 screens. I have heard rumors that ford got rid of the adjustable ambient colors for 18 having something to do with the new B&O radio. Anyone know for sure if they deleted the option for 18? ( I have 2018 Raptor loaded including 802A)

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livin gave me the code to turn on the ambient lighting option in the settings using forscan and it worked. The option became available but changing the color didn't actually do anything. So either the LEDs in the 18s are not rgb and locked to blue or there is some other Code to enable real changes. I want orange!!!

Kelso

Reaction score
I've noticed when I change the ambient colors in my '17 you only see the results at night. During the day I've got different colors everywhere. Green in the cup holders, red in the passenger door handles, etc. But at night everything is red (the color setting I chose). I find this odd but doesn't bother me. Have you seen if everything is orange at night Turk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightman02

Reaction score
I've noticed the center console bin and usb lights stay blue regardless of which color I pick - this the same for everyone else?

Yes, they don't change colors in the center bin.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I've noticed when I change the ambient colors in my '17 you only see the results at night. During the day I've got different colors everywhere. Green in the cup holders, red in the passenger door handles, etc. But at night everything is red (the color setting I chose). I find this odd but doesn't bother me. Have you seen if everything is orange at night Turk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works like this in mine as well, the ambient color only goes into effect when the truck goes into night mode.

mattkc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I have an 18 but couldn't find that setting. Anyone else with an 18 positive that we even have that feature? I have the 802A package FWIW

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I have an 18 but couldn't find that setting. Anyone else with an 18 positive that we even have that feature? I have the 802A package FWIW

It doesn't appear to be something we can change. I was able to turn on the option in the sync settings with forscan but even with this nothing actually happens when you try to change the color. Potentially the LEDs were changed to single color or the option was deprecated.