4.10 Electronic Locking Rear Diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thread is just what I was looking for, thanks! I guess for now we can't use the locker in 2H...that stinks

No problem, I haven't kept up to date with that thread, but it looks like only 2 wires lead to the rear diff to engage the locker..

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That must be talking about the regular F150. Raptor diff only locks in 4wd. There's no arguing that haha.
Look at the Raptor supplemental manual.

Kind of confusing. It shows available under the modes, but to the left it says 4x4 only.

RaptorOverview.png

Last edited:

HankTheTank

Reaction score
Kind of confusing but it makes sense if you think about it. It can be locked in all modes but only if you are in 4wd.
For example: if you're in Normal mode and 2wd you can't engage the locker.
If you're in Normal mode and 4wd you can lock.

I tried to lock it in 2wd and it says not available in the drive configuration. Switched to 4H and it locked right up.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thread is just what I was looking for, thanks! I guess for now we can't use the locker in 2H...that stinks

The Electronic Locking Differential (ELD) field coil is fed via the Transfer Case Control Module, If the TCCM won't lock when you want it to (Due to mode/2wd/etc), you can always supply the coil 12V+ via one of your outfitter switches. I don't know the current draw for the coil, but the whole TCCM runs off of a 15 amp fuse, so it can't be much. Should be an easy mod.

Attachments

• ELD.jpg
    ELD.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Electronic Locking Differential (ELD) field coil is fed via the Transfer Case Control Module, If the TCCM won't lock when you want it to (Due to mode/2wd/etc), you can always supply the coil 12V+ via one of your outfitter switches. I don't know the current draw for the coil, but the whole TCCM runs off of a 15 amp fuse, so it can't be much. Should be an easy mod.

There's a claim that this will kill the coil eventually. I read on another forum where a guy has made a PWM generator to do this so it won't kill the coil.

It's possible a resistor may accomplish the same thing, just not as efficient as a PWM signal.

But I think as long as you don't leave it on for hours at a time it would be ok.