2300 Miles and OIL everywhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohiodish

Reaction score
We just finished installing my new Pace-Edwards Bedlocker and went to route the power lines and guys at my shop found oil all over the bottom of my truck. Was planning on doing an oil change as well since I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. I did not notice oil on the garage floor in my shop but was also not looking for it. Nor did I smell burnt oil or see any smoke since its spraying onto the exhaust. I got an appointment 9 days out at a local dealer, but could not wait that out so found another dealer that will look at it in the AM to see whats going on and if they can see if it will require parts or a simple fix. From what we found it appears the lower oil pan is not sealed properly. (Sorry no pics of that- I was pissed and had our mechanic put it back together without taking a picture) I'm guessing they will need to order parts, and this dealer took time to look ASAP and then order parts to get me scheduled if needed. I was going to not drive it, but now I think I will and just keep an eye on the issue. My first Ford and not quite the experience I was expecting.

On another note. I can see daylight in the passenger side of the bed in front of the wheel well. Drivers side not this way, just passenger. Anybody else?

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 113

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harleys and old Jaguars always leaked and everybody loves Harleys and old Jaguars...

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

...plus it has 2300 miles on it. They don't stay new forever.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quart a day keeps the seizures at bay..

My condolences about the Murphy's law timing and I hope it's a fluke.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Harleys and old Jaguars always leaked and everybody loves Harleys and old Jaguars...

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

...plus it has 2300 miles on it. They don't stay new forever.

Old HD & Jags didn’t cost 50-70k dollars + ADM and were not built with the ... uh... precision machinery ... this truck is. This is at least the 5th or 6th oil leak reported here.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Old HD & Jags didn’t cost 50-70k dollars + ADM and were not built with the ... uh... precision machinery ... this truck is. This is at least the 5th or 6th oil leak reported here.

Yup. Methinks that SVT took the "precision machinery" with them and left Ford Performance holding the bag.

wwgman

Reaction score
I also have a small portion on the passenger side front of the wheel well where its not welded properly. You can see daylight through it.