2018 nighttime pedestrian detection system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmp

Reaction score
Just saw this article today. Will this be an option in the 2018 MY Raptors?

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 150

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be on the order sheet that's floating around already. I'm not really into all the technology package or that ^^ option. Just more stuff to break/have errors. A lot of the technology package is in the rear view mirror, it's over $1,000 part, who's going to want to pay 1k just for a rear view mirror after warranty.I've have to replace one 2x on the same King Ranch for the same error message associated to the technology package as well as other components for all this technology they're adding. (I'm an advisor). In my opinion, Ford makes great products but their technology components seem to have a decent amount of issues.

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find the need for this particular technology. At no time have I ever wished I had it in any of my vehicles ever.

I barely ever use lane assist at the moment. Maybe I will when I tow.

However, I do use the adaptive cruise control.

Some of this technology are by-products of others and easy to implement as another "option". But mostly not applicable to everyday use.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I can see a need for this in suburban and urban areas. Heck, I came off an exit yesterday to a bicyclist in the middle of my exit lane, riding the wrong way. An adult, riding quite erratically. I’m not sure any tech would prevent this type of clown from getting flattened, but it’s not a bad tech idea.