2018 Adaptive cruise / stop and go retrofit into 2017 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the op is referring to stop and go cruise... meaning the vehicle coming to a complete stop and then moving again in "stop&go" traffic... not stop/start engine thingy... and your 17 doesn't have that.

correct it's different - i don't think either year Raptors have it - just the regular F-150s

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... 2017 owners need to chill out. None of us have what I am asking about. Hence the question about retrofitting.[/QUOTE]

Yes, all 2017 owners please chill out. I know we've all gotten worked up and thank god they have explained to us that we have gotten confused with the Start/Stop button, which is entirely not correct. I did not get confused with anything other than the fact that I thought since the current cruise control has the ability to apply a braking application, that logically it could do that to a full stop. Please don't make a point or argue like a chick, unlike women and millennials', I don't have a problem saying I was wrong, or even better that I thought I knew what I was talking about but obviously didn't. Xarararrrarraafafass or what ever the **** your screen name is, anything else??

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Also as I understand it, Ford doesn't use LIDAR, they use RADAR with cameras and software to bring the vehicle to a stop. Is this correct or?? Where did the LIDAR reference come from?

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... 2017 owners need to chill out. None of us have what I am asking about. Hence the question about retrofitting.

You should chill ******. We were just answering your poorly qualified question to the best of our sad abilities...without being *****.

Didn’t know there was sucha thing that would start your truck forward again after stopping in tfaffic. Seems a bit dangerous to my addled old way of thinking.

-doc snoflake

Schmagagled

Reaction score
There confusing it with the engine start/stop function... but either way, what others have said here is correct. The stop&go cruise your referring to is not available in any raptor. Only available in 18my f150. Not available in raptor. I believe there is more hardware involved in this system other than just an extra sensor. I also believe the new f150 front end has something to do with it. But not sure in that one. Needless to say I don't think this is something that can be retrofitted. YMMV

Needs the LIDAR unit behind the windshield (goes below the lane assist camera) and since there is a mask on the windshield in that area that would have to be "unmasked" in that area or purchase a different windshield for an '18 Lariat+ that is designed to accommodate this function. Personally i'm waiting for my first windshield replacement event to retrofit this LIDAR into my system.

S.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have a 2018 Raptor with 802A and Tech. I do have ACC with Stop n Go. If traffic comes to a complete stop in front of you...truck will come to a complete stop. If traffic remains stopped for 3 seconds or more...it flashes orange and turns ACC off. You will have to press Resume for ACC to kick back in.

Our trucks (2018 with Tech Pkg -- where it is listed as Adaptive Cruise Control w/Collision Mitigation) work exactly as this Ford ACC Stop n Go video describes:
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...and-go.html?year=2017&model=Fusion&sync=sync3
when driving cross country on I-70 it was a welcome addition every time I hit a construction zone...and only occasionally does it beep and turn off for too long of a stop...so you do have to pay attention, it ain't driving for you.

the inside rear view mirror in my truck is a Gentex product (a version of GNTX-939). Part number is hu5a-17e678-hd. This is not to say that this is what you need to implement stop-n-go ACC on a 2017...it's just letting you know what is on a 2018 with 802A and Tech.

and I don't think Ford is using LiDAR for this tech to work. Just radar ACC with maybe some camera assist.

and here is what the mirror looks like through the glass and the steering wheel controls:

Attachments

• rear view mirror.jpg
    rear view mirror.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 72
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just glancing thru FORScan doc. Settings in BCM module:

726-13-01 **** xxxx xxxx Forward Collision Warning
726-13-01 **** xxxx xxxx Cruise Control: 8=normal CC, C=adaptive CC
726-13-01 xxxx **** xxxx Collision Mitigation By Braking
726-13-01 xxxC xxxx xxxx Adaptive Cruise Control enabled
726-13-01 xxx8 xxxx xxxx Adaptive Cruise Control disabled

some other areas to note:
IPC
720-01-01 xxxx xxxx xxxx (see the IPC-new sheet for all the options)
720-01-02 xxxx 1xxx Collision Warning & Cruise Control disabled
720-02-02 xxxx x9xx Enables cruise control on XLTs that have done cluster upgrade

724-03-01 **xx xxxx xx Steering Wheel Switch Left Hand Cfg
00=Analog config 20=Ford Audio
10=Ford Sway only 21=Ford Sync
11=Ford Base Cruise 22=Ford Home Sync
12=Ford ACC Cruise 23=Ford LOL1 Sync Audio
13=Ford ASLD Cruise 30=Lincoln Base Cruise
14=Ford ASLD ACC Cruise 31=Lincoln ACC Cruise
15=Ford EU ASLD Cruise 40=Lincoln Sync

and then SCCM module for all the steering wheel controls that make it work

Just throwing these out there to give you an idea of what might be involved...but likely a mirror/windshield, steering wheel and maybe a bunch of FORScan changes and you'd have it.

Or just go buy a 2018.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have a 2018 Raptor with 802A and Tech. I do have ACC with Stop n Go. If traffic comes to a complete stop in front of you...truck will come to a complete stop. If traffic remains stopped for 3 seconds or more...it flashes orange and turns ACC off. You will have to press Resume for ACC to kick back in.

Our trucks (2018 with Tech Pkg -- where it is listed as Adaptive Cruise Control w/Collision Mitigation) work exactly as this Ford ACC Stop n Go video describes:
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...and-go.html?year=2017&model=Fusion&sync=sync3
when driving cross country on I-70 it was a welcome addition every time I hit a construction zone...and only occasionally does it beep and turn off for too long of a stop...so you do have to pay attention, it ain't driving for you.

the inside rear view mirror in my truck is a Gentex product (a version of GNTX-939). Part number is hu5a-17e678-hd. This is not to say that this is what you need to implement stop-n-go ACC on a 2017...it's just letting you know what is on a 2018 with 802A and Tech.

and I don't think Ford is using LiDAR for this tech to work. Just radar ACC with maybe some camera assist.

and here is what the mirror looks like through the glass and the steering wheel controls:

This is starting to become insane. We’ve now had people confirm that their 2018 has it and other confirm it doesn’t. Same with the auto braking feature vs. preloading braking feature. How is it this hard? And then meanwhile you have people jumping down the throats if anyone who asks a question that’s been answered more than once and we can’t even get the facts straight.