2018 Adaptive cruise / stop and go retrofit into 2017 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the 2018s have stop and go / adaptive cruise (via the addition of a LIDAR unit in the rearview mirror?).

Any news yet on whether these can be retrofitted into 2017s?

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the op is referring to stop and go cruise... meaning the vehicle coming to a complete stop and then moving again in "stop&go" traffic... not stop/start engine thingy... and your 17 doesn't have that.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the op is referring to stop and go cruise... meaning the vehicle coming to a complete stop and then moving again in "stop&go" traffic... not stop/start engine thingy... and your 17 doesn't have that.

Exactly. Stop and go is standard from 18 onwards. There was talk about being able to retrofit it into 17s, so I am curious if anyone has already figured it out. A write-up and part numbers would be great.

flzrider

Reaction score
Exactly. Stop and go is standard from 18 onwards. There was talk about being able to retrofit it into 17s, so I am curious if anyone has already figured it out. A write-up and part numbers would be great.

I believe the 2018 Raptors continue to use the older adaptive cruise (without stop and go) as the 2017s. So I guess the question still stands, whether it can be retrofitted onto 2017 & 2018 Raptors. I assume it will require some hardware addition as well as software coding.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the 2018 Raptors continue to use the older adaptive cruise (without stop and go) as the 2017s. So I guess the question still stands, whether it can be retrofitted onto 2017 & 2018 Raptors. I assume it will require some hardware addition as well as software coding.

Yes, there is a hardware LIDAR unit that is built into rear view mirror in newer F150s that have stop and go. Livnitup was talking about it in the Forscan thread if I remember.

I did not know that 18 Raptors didn't have it as standard either.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the adaptive cruise to and from Pismo this weekend and it does work pretty well. Being able to set the distance when the cruise slows to the speed of the traffic ahead is pretty cool. I would think the liability on retrofitting is pretty high.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks in this thread are getting confused on the terminology.

Radar guided cruise is standard with tech package. Regular radar cruise will cut out under 20 mph or so and you have to re-engage when you get back up to speed.

Radar cruise with Stop and go means the cruise will bring you to a full stop, then pick back up and keep you moving as traffic moves. HUGE advantage when you are in bumper to bumper traffic.

Adaptive cruise may be how Ford is marketing the radar cruise with stop and go. I am not sure about this one.

So... 2017 owners need to chill out. None of us have what I am asking about. Hence the question about retrofitting.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2017 has both of those

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So does mine.

Folks in this thread are getting confused on the terminology.

Radar guided cruise is standard with tech package. Regular radar cruise will cut out under 20 mph or so and you have to re-engage when you get back up to speed.

Radar cruise with Stop and go means the cruise will bring you to a full stop, then pick back up and keep you moving as traffic moves. HUGE advantage when you are in bumper to bumper traffic.

Adaptive cruise may be how Ford is marketing the radar cruise with stop and go. I am not sure about this one.

So... 2017 owners need to chill out. None of us have what I am asking about. Hence the question about retrofitting.

There confusing it with the engine start/stop function... but either way, what others have said here is correct. The stop&go cruise your referring to is not available in any raptor. Only available in 18my f150. Not available in raptor. I believe there is more hardware involved in this system other than just an extra sensor. I also believe the new f150 front end has something to do with it. But not sure in that one. Needless to say I don't think this is something that can be retrofitted. YMMV