GEN 2 2017 raptor DTC P304 missfire on cylinder 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Driving home from work yesterday and engine sputtered and check engine light started flashing. Limped to taco bell for dinner and then got home and pulled the code. Mis-fire cylinder 4. Called dealer and they said they couldn't get me in until 15th of this month. Swapped cyl 4 coil pack with cyl 1 and code changed from P304 to P301 so bad coil pack. Looked all over town for coil pack and no parts stores had them. Today finally got in contact with dealer and there only 4 available in the entire country. I smell a recall. Coil is supposed to be here tomorrow will let you know if it is fixed by then.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving home from work yesterday and engine sputtered and check engine light started flashing. Limped to taco bell for dinner and then got home and pulled the code. Mis-fire cylinder 4. Called dealer and they said they couldn't get me in until 15th of this month. Swapped cyl 4 coil pack with cyl 1 and code changed from P304 to P301 so bad coil pack. Looked all over town for coil pack and no parts stores had them. Today finally got in contact with dealer and there only 4 available in the entire country. I smell a recall. Coil is supposed to be here tomorrow will let you know if it is fixed by then.

Is this a unique part to the HO engine in the Raptor?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These engines are notorious for misfires.... just par for the course.

over 5000 miles and never a misfire.

Also, a bad coil pack isnt a problem with the engine.

Bad parts happen, its called life.
Fortunately a cheap and easy fix.

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score
over 5000 miles and never a misfire.

Also, a bad coil pack isnt a problem with the engine.

Bad parts happen, its called life.
Fortunately a cheap and easy fix.

Cheap and easy when your cruising the boulevard and hitting starbucks. For those of us who take their trucks far from home like Baja this would be a major issue. Brand new truck shouldn't burn coil packs. This truck will have electrical gremlins thanks to all of the unnecessary electronic crap ford has put into these trucks to satisfy you boulevard queens.
Great for tunnel exhaust videos, bad for us who use an offroad truck for offroad.

Is a P.O.S., always will be a P.O.S.- Future is here boys! More spare parts needed for the chase kit. Go GEN2

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cheap and easy when your cruising the boulevard and hitting starbucks. For those of us who take their trucks far from home like Baja this would be a major issue. Brand new truck shouldn't burn coil packs. This truck will have electrical gremlins thanks to all of the unnecessary electronic crap ford has put into these trucks to satisfy you boulevard queens.
Great for tunnel exhaust videos, bad for us who use an offroad truck for offroad.

Is a P.O.S., always will be a P.O.S.- Future is here boys! More spare parts needed for the chase kit. Go GEN2

Why you hangin' out here sasquatch? ( I mean fat nelly)

Pretty sure there is a dune buggy forum somewhere for you.

My G2 is too pretty and clean to take off road. I have it washed twice weekly. I did take it over a curb once though.