Vibration- can't eliminate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also don't know of any shops that at so technically oriented to figure out bore centering, etc. anyone know of any top notch shops in the Fort Lauderdale area? Will travel a little north or south to palm beach or dade.

For that, you may be able to get more relevant information and help by joining the Southeast Raptor Owners group on bookface if you aren't already on there. There are a lot of Raptor owners there from Fla and they may be able to help you nail down a shop to go to. The link to that group is below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/483966095071297/

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...are the tires rubbing on the UCAs or any part of the suspension? Toyos are wider than BFGs and may be rubbing on the inside. Also, are your vacuum lines in tact. Wider tires can rub through the vacuum lines and your hubs could be locked or partially locked.

I see you are in Ft Lauderdale... I live in Palm Beach and work in Pembroke Pines. I know of nobody of any value to help in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach area. We are on our own here. I can't even imagine a helpful dealership.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I was just looking at your wheel specs... Fuel Hostage 20x10 correct? Says on website, specs are either -12 offset with 5" backspace, or -24 offset with 4.5" backspace... neither one sounds good. Do your tires stick out (way out) from under your truck?

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this yours? Did 4wheelparts lift the front and/or back end? Did they do an alignment after? Ass end looks high, may be angle of photo. If they put in springs or otherwise changed drive angle, driveshaft could cause vibration. If front end alignment was done incorrectly, or wasn't done at all after spacer or mid-perch, steering will be sloppy.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 155

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they did an alignment, they may have screwed up the caster angle. If this was adjusted negatively, it makes the steering want to walk all over the road. kind of like the truck is balancing on tippy toes. Too much positive, and steering wheel will feel loose and steering correction is sluggish and steering is mushy.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that's mine. But we don't have that much space. No spacers. No lift. No perch adjustment. Let me get a better side shot tomorrow.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...are the tires rubbing on the UCAs or any part of the suspension? Toyos are wider than BFGs and may be rubbing on the inside. Also, are your vacuum lines in tact. Wider tires can rub through the vacuum lines and your hubs could be locked or partially locked.

I see you are in Ft Lauderdale... I live in Palm Beach and work in Pembroke Pines. I know of nobody of any value to help in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach area. We are on our own here. I can't even imagine a helpful dealership.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I was just looking at your wheel specs... Fuel Hostage 20x10 correct? Says on website, specs are either -12 offset with 5" backspace, or -24 offset with 4.5" backspace... neither one sounds good. Do your tires stick out (way out) from under your truck?

They are +1 offset. Vacuum lines In tact. No rubbing anywhere. Alignment is fine. I'm gonna try elite roads next week. I'm At the end of the line here. If they can't figure it out, not sure what I'll do.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take your spare and mount it on each corner, if vibration diminishes in any position you have found your problem corner.
Your OEM wheels are hub centric; the bolt circle could be out of spec, but with a hub centric setup it would not shoe as a problem.
Also, a tire can look perfect on the outside but could have a problem in the carcass.