Vibration- can't eliminate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for curiosity sakes. What happens if you put the stock wheels and tires back on (just as a test), does all the issues go away? Was wanting to eliminate that your aftermarket wheels and tires are actually your entire issue, it might not be.

Spot on...make sure it's the tire/wheel issue before moving forward

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I no longer have oem tires and wheels available but truck rode much nicer with them when we had them on, of course. The tires and wheels have had road force balancing. A few times. They did balance out and the runout was fine. Temember these are now new wheels again. Same style, just replaced by Fuel. The amount of road force is under the max they like to see (all green). As low as 5 and as high as 14. Maybe it's just the shops I'm taking to. I can try again to rebalance but I know each time I'm told and actually watch as they do balance out. As soon as I get it back from ford I will find another shop. Funny part is I was going to trade this in for the new Raptor at end of year and then had a brain fart and realized they aren't coming until late next year. Lol. So I have time and will want to make this right.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lug centric wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. I can't seem to find any hub centric. So we are stuck with mug centric. Is that a definitive reason? If so, wouldn't everyone else have same issue?

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. I can't seem to find any hub centric. So we are stuck with mug centric. Is that a definitive reason? If so, wouldn't everyone else have same issue?

Need to make sure they are balancing them as lug centric. Also when the wheels are installed the lugs need to be tightened a little at a time to make sure the wheel centers correctly on the studs. Assuming you have aftermarket lug nuts now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back to stock wheels... find some, period. Make sure truck runs as it is supposed to there, and then figure out wheels. Start with wheels and make sure they spin true without balance issues. Also make sure center bore is center to lug holes... I know that sounds like WTF, but I have personally owned high quality Weld wheels that were off and when lug centered, center bore was off by a mm. I've seen a lot of weight on Super Swampers, but Toyos are good tires and shouldn't require much weight. Did you have an alignment done initially??? That could be off. I personally LOVE ceramic beads in tires. I have used them in all truck tires and they are awesome on the street. I don't know what noise you would be concerned about. There is no bead noise you will hear over the Toyos.

...one more thought... Are tires rubbing spindles?

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Just read initial complaint and the oblong rotation of wheel stands out. Wheels are made lug centric... try running them that way and see what happens.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One last thing I will ask about. What pressure are you running in the tires? If you are running the max air pressure, try reducing my at least 10 psi. Lower air pressure will make a huge difference and a lot of shops will set them at max air pressure right from the start.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
One last thing I will ask about. What pressure are you running in the tires? If you are running the max air pressure, try reducing my at least 10 psi. Lower air pressure will make a huge difference and a lot of shops will set them at max air pressure right from the start.

+1 on this. I had issues with balancing on one of my Jeep Cherokee's. Lowering the tire pressure resolved the balance issue. For me I believe I dropped them about 10lbs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back to stock wheels... find some, period. Make sure truck runs as it is supposed to there, and then figure out wheels. Start with wheels and make sure they spin true without balance issues. Also make sure center bore is center to lug holes... I know that sounds like WTF, but I have personally owned high quality Weld wheels that were off and when lug centered, center bore was off by a mm. I've seen a lot of weight on Super Swampers, but Toyos are good tires and shouldn't require much weight. Did you have an alignment done initially??? That could be off. I personally LOVE ceramic beads in tires. I have used them in all truck tires and they are awesome on the street. I don't know what noise you would be concerned about. There is no bead noise you will hear over the Toyos.

...one more thought... Are tires rubbing spindles?

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Just read initial complaint and the oblong rotation of wheel stands out. Wheels are made lug centric... try running them that way and see what happens.

Thanks. Not sure I'm following you completely. What spindles are you talking about? I looked into the beads, I can revisit. I can't believe this is so difficult it. Lol. I reached out to the hunter rep and service manager and his initial thoughts are the wheels are no good for the truck. Problem is I can not find a single hub centric wheel that isn't oem. Again, wheels were replaced by fuel and then 2 more replacing 2 of the new ones. Alignment is perfect. Had it aligned.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Tire pressure is reduced significantly. First thing I did. I'm down about same as you guys, -10psi or thereabouts.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

I also don't know of any shops that at so technically oriented to figure out bore centering, etc. anyone know of any top notch shops in the Fort Lauderdale area? Will travel a little north or south to palm beach or dade.