TOYO Open Country C/T Studded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C1pher

Reaction score
Nice! Remember to bump once we get some serious snow!

Im kind of unhappy I didnt leave myself any room to buy tires for the winter as I just bought my truck. New BFG's so im hoping they'll be alright for my standards.

OP
OP
KennyV82

KennyV82

Reaction score
I'll update everyone as we get some snow. I'm using my truck for work so I'll be on Oilfield lease roads all winter and it gets pretty ****** and tons of snow. They'll be put through a good test. I'm hoping I don't have to use my winch much. Lol ;)

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got Open Country AT II's - 285/75/R17 and Fuel Trophy 551 rims with a 6 mm offset installed today. Chains fit just fine now and heavy duty chains at that. Could've gone with a wider tire/greater offset but it works and we'll see how it handles.

Wanted the Open Country R/T's but national backorder so oh well...

OP
OP
KennyV82

KennyV82

Reaction score
49195f961553466b078e0adb82e9df31.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

23c0de8d68679ad89bec7e63aaff509e.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Well finally got to put these new tires to the test at work. The last few days were greasy mud and the tires do not clean out very well but seem to get fairly good traction in the greasy mud. Today Was wet heavy snow and the tires work better than in the mud.

OP
OP
KennyV82

KennyV82

Reaction score
I had the Duratracks on my last truck and loved them. Thought I'd try these and see how they work. There supposed to be a severe use winter tire. So far not bad. Obviously they would be far better in a narrow size for good winter traction but kept with a 12.50.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Mine slide around in the mud too, haven't tried on snow and ice just yet, this week hopefully. One thing though a much stiffer ride with the narrower tire, aired down a bit to help...

C1pher

Reaction score
Updates? We had the snowfall and a lot of snow and now a lot of ice around. How are they handling?

Theres a set for sale cheap in Calgary now and im very unimpressed with my OEM BFG's. Mediocre at best.

OP
OP
KennyV82

KennyV82

Reaction score
They have been good. I'm very impressed with them. I've been running on crappy lease roads at work and they give me great traction. Even on icy highways in 2wd I have no worries about sliding around. I'd recommend getting them studded though for optimal traction.