Toyo AT II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's set at mid-perch and in the rear I've got the RPG HD National springs. Both made a huge difference in ride quality and looks.

After having the tires on for a few thousand miles, I would say they perform similar to the BFG's. We finally had some rain down here and they did fine, can't tell a difference. Other than looks, the only other difference for these would be longevity, i.e. less chunking and last longer.

I'd give them an 8 based on better looks and similar performance to the BFG's. (The BFG's are not a 10, but maybe a 7.5)

Last edited:

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's set at mid-perch and in the rear I've got the RPG HD National springs. Both made a huge difference in ride quality and looks.

After having the tires on for a few thousand miles, I would say they perform similar to the BFG's. We finally had some rain down here and they did fine, can't tell a difference. Other than looks, the only other difference for these would be longevity, i.e. less chunking and last longer.

I'd give them an 8 based on better looks and similar performance to the BFG's.

Thanks man. Much appreciated again.

So Mid Perch increased your handling confidence? In Corners too?

Sorry...I noticed after in your sig you have the RPG HD rear springs...do they lift the rear at all or what's the point there? Ride any stiffer?

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime, don't mind helping, this forum has helped me out a ton!

I don't even remember the difference between stock and mid-perch. I want to say that it just handles better all-around handling, on and off-road. Plus more clearance and less banging the skid plate on the ground.

The rear springs raised the truck a little but the main advantage is that they are progressive and have more leaf springs. You don't need that block that sits ontop of the axle which reduces "axle wrap". The rear is more planted, improved traction and actually rides smoother on the road and off-road. I also have about 100lbs in the bed with the tool box and everything in it.

Search RPG stage 3, or RPG HD Nationals. There is a ton of info and I am by no means an expert.

**********Update************
I've also settled on keeping the tire pressure at 55psi cold.

*********************************6/15/14 Update***************************************************

The tires are now down to 50psi, after 1000 miles at 55psi, I decided it was too rough still.

--------------------------------------------------- 7/28/2014 Update ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Close to 5,000 miles and the tires are now at 46psi. I'd say 44-46psi would be good for most people.

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had these for about a week now (purchased through @freedommotorsports). LOVE them. I have them at 44psi and plan to go higher based on the op's recommendations. I haven't had them long enough to compare them to the stock BFG's, other than the road noise which is only slightly louder than the BFG's. I know that I need an alignment, I want these to last. They look awesome and get daily compliments. This is a great choice for anyone who, like me, use their Raptor as a DD.

DSC_5607_zps2b9e6754.jpg

DSC_5611_zps48b31f42.jpg

DSC_5588_zps4da29c79.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wheel tire set up looks great! And I wouldn't bother going higher than 46psi. I found that it was pretty rough on bumpy/uneven pavement at 50psi and higher.

After several thousand miles on these, I've got them down to 46psi. So 44-46psi you should be good. I've played around with the air pressure a lot and it kept going down. I still like the tires and I'm due for a 5,000 mile rotation soon. They are showing just a little bit of wear on the rear tires, but I floor it every day and drive it like a Corvette! :driver:

I've had these for about a week now (purchased through @freedommotorsports). LOVE them. I have them at 44psi and plan to go higher based on the op's recommendations. I haven't had them long enough to compare them to the stock BFG's, other than the road noise which is only slightly louder than the BFG's. I know that I need an alignment, I want these to last. They look awesome and get daily compliments. This is a great choice for anyone who, like me, use their Raptor as a DD.

DSC_5607_zps2b9e6754.jpg

DSC_5611_zps48b31f42.jpg

DSC_5588_zps4da29c79.jpg

Last edited: