Rock Rings for Method Wheels - Your Opinions Wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crown Offroad has been hard at work coming up with some new more wallet friendly options for our line of rock rings. These rings are designed specifically for the Method 17" NV and 17" Double Standard. Unfortunately, the rings do not fit the Method Standard and I have yet to run into anyone in Colorado with the Mesh so TBD on fitment there. And don't worry for you guys with the Fuel Wheels. We've got a few designs for the Fuel wheels in the works as well. Sidenote: these are not true beadlock rings. They are designed to protect the lip of your wheel when offroading and for esthetics.

The basics: these rings are made from 0.125" 6061 aluminum and are going to be available in a handful of powder coated colors. In order to reduce the overall cost associated with these new designs, the counter bores have been removed as that was a significant cost driver as well as utilizing a slightly smaller thickness aluminum (still designed, manufactured and finished in the US). So let us know what your thoughts are. Like them? Hate them? Something to change? Gotta have a set? Let us know your feedback.

New Design 1:

RockRing4_zps35959901.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

New Design 2:

RockRing3_zpse0782755.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is our current design (designed by FRF Huck) made from 0.25" 6061 aluminum with the counter bored holes. Each set comes complete with a new set of hardware in either stainless steel or black phosphate and finished in a handful of powder coat colors. Keep your eyes out for some big sales Black Friday through Cyber Monday on these!!!

Crown Offroad's Rock Rings for Method Wheels | Crown Offroad

RockRing_zps3db5adac.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear you got some in the works for fuel as well. They look sweet. keep us updated, im very interested!!

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love them in the picture shown. I'd be very interested in a set in grey to match my flares.. However, they are more than twice the price of the omf rings I've priced in the past. If they were closely priced I would buy a set. Why so much?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'd love to see some made for the Mesh... as that will be the wheel I'll likely end up with.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love them in the picture shown. I'd be very interested in a set in grey to match my flares.. However, they are more than twice the price of the omf rings I've priced in the past. If they were closely priced I would buy a set. Why so much?

CP when I priced the OMF a couple days ago they were around $540 with powder coating at $20 added in. These appear to be $499 for a set of 4 so right in the ballpark FYI.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks oxford.. It appears I had a moment and when I saw months ago 150-200 it must've been per wheel ! Duhhhhhh.

Crown offroad great work and I do apologize for speaking before thinking. My mistake folks.

OP
OP
CrownOffroad

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm gauging interest in the two CAD images before moving forward with production. I'm also hope that the new designs will shave a couple hundred off the regular set (retail of $499) as shown in the actual photo. That grey is a close match to the fenders, fyi. And check back for Black Friday deals on the pictured set! I heard from a little birdie maybe a sale up to 20% off...

OP
OP
CrownOffroad

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like both but I'm ordering Standards next week so I gotta go OMF. Unless.......

I've been tempted to go towards the Mesh next, but maybe the Standard. If I can get four people to commit, I can create a design, produce them, powder coat and ship in about 4 possibly 5 weeks.