Redo SE Beauty rings

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a thought? Mine aren't gouged yet but scratched. Maybe remove them before offroading? they are just trim. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes with a small cordless driver to remove. thoughts?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had a thought? Mine aren't gouged yet but scratched. Maybe remove them before offroading? they are just trim. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes with a small cordless driver to remove. thoughts?

Makes sense if you really care that much. Won't affect anything except looks.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

What are you going to fill all the screw holes with to keep crap out? Dirt and mud is going to pack in there and if it is anything like the mud I went through it would be a pain.

I have the SE rings and the gouges and scratches look more noticeable than the non-SE ones that are all aluminum. I might stop by a Line-x and ask them what they think.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That would work. Might look funny but better than scratched rings. Just get some shorter bolts to fill the holes while you're wheelin.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would work. Might look funny but better than scratched rings. Just get some shorter bolts to fill the holes while you're wheelin.

I am not sure I would do this. First you would have a lot more bolts to use since the beadlock has about 24 bolts. Second you will most certainly gouge up the more important inner surface of your rim. This will make it harder to replace the beauty ring and you may not be able to convert them to beadlocks if that was ever your plan.

Maybe an extra set of beauty rings that aren't scared up and ones that are for off roading.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What does a set of beauty rings go for? SE and Non-SE.

I know the Non-SE beauty rings from ford cost $650-$700 each. God only knows what the SE ones will cost.

This is the reason I bought a set of Beadlock rings and I am converting to Beadlocks. Maybe I can pickup a set of Takeoffs at some point in the future.