Non-Raptor Sticky Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I know several of y'all have quick cars and need yalls opinion. I need some sticky tires for a fairly high HP car, about 604 at tires. It's got stock Michelin Pilots on it and hooks ok unless you really get in to it.

I'm looking for some really good tires for grip. It'll never be intentionally driven in rain, only if we get caught in it when out somewhere. Must be street legal.

If y'all have suggestions and why you like em, please let me know.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Nitto NT05s on my supercharged SLK55; not for standing water, but competent on wet roads.
If the NT05R is available in your size, go for it, but slow down on wet roads.
JMHO

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toyo R888s

Thanks for the recommendation

What kind of performance you looking for?

not necessarily looking to own the track but I would say something middle of the road. Right now I can't definitively say so I guess I need to figure that out lol.

I mean I'm not looking for drag slicks. We rarely go to the track but do like to punch it quite a bit. That's not to say we never go to the track though. So I guess I am looking at the very extreme edge of street tires or track tires that are street legal.

I use Nitto NT05s on my supercharged SLK55; not for standing water, but competent on wet roads.
If the NT05R is available in your size, go for it, but slow down on wet roads.
JMHO

Thanks for the recommendation and telling me your experience with them.

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I should add that rears are 20's fronts are 19's, because of the big Brembo's so size will probably be an issue

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you a track guy, 1/4 guy, auto-x guy, stop light grand Prix guy? Very different tires needed for each.