New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tune allows you to change that, I have it set to 35 psi. in the front and 32 psi. in the rear.
I thought it was the tuner that allows you to do that...

Is it the tuner or tune?

My old Hypertech that I had installed on one of my other trucks allowed me to change settings for tire size and other things

GMAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCT is the programmer of choice for the Raptor.
I believe 80% of Raptor owners are running a Tune with a SCT device with Tunes from several vendors on this forum.

I have two Hypertech devices (for sale) for my 2 1997 Tahoes (350 c.i.) which I don't own any longer.
It was OK, I needed it mainly to change tire size and speed limit, their little tweak for 93 octane (performance mode) really didn't do much for performance.
Night and day compared to the SCT and custom Tunes.

Last edited:

windsor

Reaction score
is anybody else having problems balancing these tires? I just purchased a set last Saturday and have balanced them three times already. I have even tired the "balancing beads".

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is anybody else having problems balancing these tires? I just purchased a set last Saturday and have balanced them three times already. I have even tired the "balancing beads".

Couple of mine took a while to balance.

Eventually they got it right.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had my KO2s mounted today @khcdave plus alignment.
Fantastic work again at KHC. You should see their new wheel mounting machine, it's out of this world!!!

I have to say the new KO2 315/70 17 E rated are soft and smoooooth and way quieter. And that's with 40 psi.
I was running my original KOs at 35 psi. and you could still feel every pebble.
Now they were 6 years old with 25,000+ so they were more plastic then rubber now.

In any case if you have second doubts about the E rated over the original KO D rated being stiffer, DON"T

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

IMG_20161119_101042196_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161119_101053448_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161119_104420576.jpg

Last edited:

windsor

Reaction score
I got my vibration fixed. Bfg stepped up and gave me a new set of ko2. now all is great. no vibration and are a great tire. Used them today in our blizzard we just had.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my KO2s mounted today @khcdave plus alignment.
Fantastic work again at KHC. You should see their new wheel mounting machine, it's out of this world!!!

I have to say the new KO2 315/70 17 E rated are soft and smoooooth and way quieter. And that's with 40 psi.
I was running my original KOs at 35 psi. and you could still feel every pebble.
Now they were 6 years old with 25,000+ so they were more plastic then rubber now.

In any case if you have second doubts about the E rated over the original KO D rated being stiffer, DON"T

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

View attachment 81607

View attachment 81608

View attachment 81609

I got my vibration fixed. Bfg stepped up and gave me a new set of ko2. now all is great. no vibration and are a great tire. Used them today in our blizzard we just had.

Great news x 2

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I had a feeling you had a bad tire or two. Sometimes tires that are really out of round end up making it through quality control. Usually road force balancing will find the bad tires. Very good to hear BFG took care of you.