mickey thompson baja mtz!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
reyesahr

reyesahr

Reaction score
Awesome! Believe it or not Walmart. Com has a great deal on them im hoping to get them next week ill post some pictures!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I almost got them but they where back ordered. I think the speed fating os a bit better then deratracs

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Blue said, I did run them for over 1000 off road snow covered miles and there were awesome. I'm really impressed how they clawed through deep snow. I felt that they had excellent grip on slick, icy road. Granted, they were siped so that helped.

As Sitdown said, they are lighter than say the Toyo or Nitto, so if you want an excellent M/T tire that has less rolling mass, this is a good bet.

I'm driving less for work now so when I replace them it'll be with Toyo's, but if I still had to drive 112 miles each day, I'd get them again without hesitating.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As Blue said, I did run them for over 1000 off road snow covered miles and there were awesome. I'm really impressed how they clawed through deep snow. I felt that they had excellent grip on slick, icy road. Granted, they were siped so that helped.

As Sitdown said, they are lighter than say the Toyo or Nitto, so if you want an excellent M/T tire that has less rolling mass, this is a good bet.

I'm driving less for work now so when I replace them it'll be with Toyo's, but if I still had to drive 112 miles each day, I'd get them again without hesitating.

Thanx for all the input. I was specifically waiting for someone to chime in that ran them in a previous SnoBall.

This helped. I'll give them a shot cause I've ran the Duratrac and would like to try the MTZ.

Thanx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanx for all the input. I was specifically waiting for someone to chime in that ran them in a previous SnoBall.

This helped. I'll give them a shot cause I've ran the Duratrac and would like to try the MTZ.

Thanx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, Todd's tires expereinced snoball 1 and 2... TedV also runs the MTZs and has put them through every glre event

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Toyo's on my last truck and loved them. But they were some heavy sum *******.

I'm also looking into getting these.

Manufacturer Mickey Thompson Tires
SKU 5275
Diameter 34.6
Tire Width 9.8
Load Rating D
Ply 8
Max psi (cold) 50
Max Load 3195
Sidewall Type OWL
Weight 68

I only wish they were "E" Rated for the times that I have a bed full of weight and a little wider for aesthetics.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have them on my truck and love them for where I live.

Use Balance beads to Balance them wheel is smooth as glass

Well Shit, Ontario should get more snow than Minnesota... How do they handle on packed snow and ice?

I'm not familiar with "Balance Beads"

Thanx.

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you run them yet in the winter?

This will be my first winter with them. so I don't know how they are yet however they came with high recommendations. I am at the top on Minnesota across the river from International Falls MN. we get several feet of snow and damn cold. Hoping they are good in the winter.

Balance beads two types that I know of

Tire Balancing Products

Counteract Tire Balancing Beads

Counteract you have to get from retailer
Dyna beads you can order on line

no other balance weights required. I had mine balance first then re broke the bead and dumped in the beads this will keep it balance when I tear of part of a tread. Not required to use balance weights first. Never need to rebalance.

Last edited: