Gold Bolts on Method NV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Closest we have to that size in my inventory is M8, 8mm length SS. I will check our maintenance supply tomorrow now that you guys have peeked my interest on this.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black is a black phosphate which does fade some. Brand new they are a dark black, but mud/salt fades them down a bit. I'm going to be ordering new ones and then adding a matte clear with hopes that will help maintain the darker black color.

When you say add a matte clear are you talking about having a paint shop do it or use a rattle can. I saw this the other day and wanted to try it but thought I might regret it if it fades or peels later.

https://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheelCoating/

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say add a matte clear are you talking about having a paint shop do it or use a rattle can. I saw this the other day and wanted to try it but thought I might regret it if it fades or peels later.

https://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheelCoating/

I am going to try with a rattle can and see how it works. If the rattle can doesn't work might look into powder coating.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these would work on the Method DS? The size seems to be correct, but the length is 10mm instead of the 6mm that Method screws come in. I'm not sure how much space there is left behind the existing 6mm screws?

Alloy Steel Socket Cap Screw, Black Oxide Finish, Internal Hex Drive, 10mm Length, Fully Threaded, M8-1.25 Metric Coarse Threads, Imported (Pack of 100): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

The head of the socket cap screw is 13mm in diameter, so I know that will fit inside the hole, but I am wondering about the length of the screw itself.

71dKOnSDosL._SL1203_.jpg

Thanks.

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up part #8050 socket cap screws in 5/16" - 18 X 1/4" for my NV haux bead locks. I rattle canned the heads only by drilling holes in a carboard box and inserting the screw threads. The black oxide finish will definately begin rusting overnite.