DOT Approved Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm covering old ground here. I'm just curious as to any/all "claimed" DOT approved Beadlocks. Anyone who posts up, I'll add them to the OP.

DOT Approved:

AEV
BAD Wheels
Hutchinson Industries
Rock Monster

Not DOT Approved:

ATX
Race line Wheels
Spyderlock
Trail Ready

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all approved if you word your "DOT speech" like AEV does. They simply label there wheel as a two piece wheel and call it DOT "compliant" in places where multi-piece wheels are not outlawed. So there is a bit of a loop hole, the wheel is made of two pieces but they make it sound like a beadlock is no different than having a 3 piece set of ADV1/Asanti/Savini wheels on your Bimmer. But when it comes down to your bead ring flying off because you didn't check torque and you violently roll your vehicle into a bus full of charity workers, my guess is you won't be able to hold AEV liable.

So at the end of the day, if you want a beadlock wheel just be willing to perform the maintenance that goes along with having them on your daily.

As for Hutchisson, BAD, Rock Monster, they all use a different technology I'm not too familiar with but it doesn't look like the tire is held on by the bead ring that bolts to the outside of the wheel.

OP
OP
Snowman

Snowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're all approved if you word your "DOT speech" like AEV does. They simply label there wheel as a two piece wheel and call it DOT "compliant" in places where multi-piece wheels are not outlawed. So there is a bit of a loop hole, the wheel is made of two pieces but they make it sound like a beadlock is no different than having a 3 piece set of ADV1/Asanti/Savini wheels on your Bimmer. But when it comes down to your bead ring flying off because you didn't check torque and you violently roll your vehicle into a bus full of charity workers, my guess is you won't be able to hold AEV liable.

So at the end of the day, if you want a beadlock wheel just be willing to perform the maintenance that goes along with having them on your daily.

As for Hutchisson, BAD, Rock Monster, they all use a different technology I'm not too familiar with but it doesn't look like the tire is held on by the bead ring that bolts to the outside of the wheel.

Yeah ...pretty much gathered that while reading the interwebz. I've run AEV headlocks before. No viable complaints other than the "spokes" not being recessed. They tend to damage easily. I'm not sure if I'll run beads again, but I'm always looking at them!!!