18" Fuel Trophy D551 & MT ATZ P3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgs4

Reaction score
The stock tires were toast at 33K miles so I decided to upgrade the wheels at the same time. Loved the Trophy D551 from the first view - I admit to wanting to run 20" to go with my white Oakleys but I settled on 18x9. Tires were a tough choice - wanted something that looked mean but had some manners. Settled on Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 in a 305/70r18 which run a true 35". Sorry, crappy phone pics. Yes, mid-perch.

Attachments

• _stock -1.jpg
    _stock -1.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 159
  • _D551-1a.jpg
    _D551-1a.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 280
  • _D551-3.jpg
    _D551-3.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 254
  • _MTATZP3-2.jpg
    _MTATZP3-2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 185
  • _MTATZP3-1.jpg
    _MTATZP3-1.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 191

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. I think 18" still looks good with 35s and on-road performance improves without sacrificing too much off-road performance. I think I'd still prefer 17s, but this combination doesn't look bad at all. I like the stance and the extra width the wheels give. Do the tires rub anywhere on full flex? Have you tried it out yet?

OP
OP
redgs4

redgs4

Reaction score
I like it. Let's see the white oakleys
I have a set of black Oakleys with interchangeable lenses and a bunch of spare lenses. Last trip to the Oakley outlet they had a set of white frames on clearance so I picked them up for (sand) volleyball. Sand under the contacts sucks. And I happen to look marvelous. ;-).

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

I like it. I think 18" still looks good with 35s and on-road performance improves without sacrificing too much off-road performance. I think I'd still prefer 17s, but this combination doesn't look bad at all. I like the stance and the extra width the wheels give. Do the tires rub anywhere on full flex? Have you tried it out yet?

The on road performance seems much improved but the old tires were pretty worn. I just got these installed and have not a had a chance to test for rub. Clearance seems good though - the combination is not very aggressive.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I'll be putting the grey center Trophy on with the new Toyo R/T's later this week.

OP
OP
redgs4

redgs4

Reaction score
looks good, do they offer them in all black

Black with anthracite ring [D551] or anthracite with black ring [D552]. There is a forged D105 - looks like the color option matches the D551.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Hi, looks great, what is the offset on these? +1?
+20

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Looks good. I'll be putting the grey center Trophy on with the new Toyo R/T's later this week.
I was thinking about these as well but decided to stick with the Mickey Thompson - few folks had them with good feedback. I have spent to much time being the first with a new [insert product here] only to be disappointed. They look promising though.