Whipple Gen III Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Last week we installed the NEW Gen III Supercharger from Whipple on forum member MetroNYC's 2013 Raptor F-150. The truck was already fitted with the previous generation Whipple Supercharger kit so all we did was swap the head unit and put a fresh set of spark plugs in the motor. The blower swap was pretty direct, not had to be changed or otherwise modified it was an exact fit compared to the old unit. We filled the supercharger with the supplied oil and swapped over the 3.250" pulley he was running and fired it up! At first we noticed the blower is a little louder at idle. You can really hear it compressing the air! With the hood shut it is not noticeable.

Now as mentioned MetroNYC's truck had the Whipple Supercharger installed previously and we also dynoed the truck prior to the swap. It made 552 RWHP so we thought it may max out the fuel system or at least the 47# injectors. We started with the first dyno pull only going to 4,000 RPM. Using the same tune, pulley combination, everything identical to before he gained over 30 HP and 30 TQ!! On the second pull we attempted to run it to 5,000 RPM however the truck leaned out and to protect itself closed the throttle blade. At about 4800 RPM we were out of fuel as the AF spiked lean and that's when the throttle blades closed.

We were going to go back and start altering the fuel tables to try and squeeze more out of the injectors but the way things are looking the truck is probably going to end up very close to 600 RWHP and beyond what is safe for the 47#s. So we have decided to upgrade the truck to a larger set of 78 lb/hr Deatschwerks injectors. We will install them and retune the truck. We would have liked to do a direct comparison but the injectors won't allow it. So other than the injector change we plan to keep the AF and Timing curves the same as well as pulley ratio to show a direct comparison.

Good news is anyone who plans to upgrade to the Gen III or maximize their early Generation Whipple we will soon have a Fuel upgrade and Updated tuning to support!!

DeatschWerks 78 Lb/Hr Fuel injectors EV14 set of 8 - JDM Engineering

Keep following this thread for updates as we finalize the tuning and get more results from the Gen III Swap!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4931.jpg
    IMG_4931.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4929.jpg
    IMG_4929.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4930.jpg
    IMG_4930.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1bd829a2-ecb2-4073-9495-953bae5d65e3-420.jpg
    1bd829a2-ecb2-4073-9495-953bae5d65e3-420.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ya I would like to hear too. How many lbs of boost is the gen III pushing now?

The old blower was peaking at 12 psi and held 11-11.5 most of the run.

The new Gen III was seeing the same 11-11.5 psi through out the run until we had to abort. I expect it to peak around 12 as well.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so Whipple seem spot on. they say just change to gen 3 and you will gain 30WHP at least.
thats so awesome I just unpacked my kit to make sure it looked like his with the V shaped supports lol it did.
looking forward to what you pull out of his truck. I think if you guys invest some time and revamp the tune there will be a market. prob small but ill be in there for sure. Mine only has 60lb injectors and I seen another member with 65s did you go all the way to 78lbs just to be safe or you plan on using that much?

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The goal is to tune the truck to the max performance and stay on the safe side for the internals.

what is safe for the internals? your gonna hit 600 rwhp
thats bad ass. I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time.