Whipple/cams tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently got a whipple supercharger and liver nous cams installed on my 2013 raptor. When I am driving and come to a stop sometimes the truck will die. Is this an issue with tuning? Has it happened before with anybody else running a similar setup? It also idles at about 900 rpm when I crank it up. Any info would be much appreciated.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since it's Livernios's Tune, get together with them and do some data logging.
Every Raptor is still going to have different results even if they have the same setup.

Last edited:

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for a vaccum leak. 900 is a little high for idle and can be caused by a vac leak.

Also has it allways done this or did it just start? if it has just started take a good look for loose hoses and such.

It could be in the tune but if there is a vac leak the tune wil just be a ban aid.

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just started doing it after I picked it up with the whipple and cams. What should it idle at with the whipple/cams?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anywhere from 650 to 700 with the AC off. Add 50 rpm with AC on.

I would do a battery disconnect for 10 to 15 minutes.
And drive nice for 50 to 100 miles to let the PCM relearn fuel trims to the way you drive.

Last edited:

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY cams did this aswell with a custome tune ( not livernois) truck would die at 800 rpm

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it's Livernios's Tune, get together with them and do some data logging.
Every Raptor is still going to have different results even if they have the same setup.

Is it our tune? or who's tune is it?

Hey guys. I recently got a whipple supercharger and liver nous cams installed on my 2013 raptor. When I am driving and come to a stop sometimes the truck will die. Is this an issue with tuning? Has it happened before with anybody else running a similar setup? It also idles at about 900 rpm when I crank it up. Any info would be much appreciated.

i don't think it is our tune, I looked through our history over the last few months and either the cams were installed at our facility, or sold without a tuner. So to me, that means someone else did the tuning, as if it were an install I would of heard of it by now

MY cams did this aswell with a custome tune ( not livernois) truck would die at 800 rpm

You know, we can fix that. The average tuner (or even a really good one) just isn't going to figure it out how to make these drive properly. We had to write custom software just to be able to figure out how to get them to run properly.

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livernois, my truck is by at Fastlane right now getting the ldle stall problem fixed. If they can't fix it can y'all send me a custom tune thru email for it?

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it our tune? or who's tune is it?

i don't think it is our tune, I looked through our history over the last few months and either the cams were installed at our facility, or sold without a tuner. So to me, that means someone else did the tuning, as if it were an install I would of heard of it by now

You know, we can fix that. The average tuner (or even a really good one) just isn't going to figure it out how to make these drive properly. We had to write custom software just to be able to figure out how to get them to run properly.

@ livernois we are gonna have to together so we can tune this beast! love your products so far top notch!