S&B air box inlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this product. I don't see where you can buy it separately without the filter but if you could would you? It says a 48% increase in flow over stock inlet flow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 149

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not sure about the raptor filter, but i had the ecoboost SB filter with that same part...noticed some difference with a tune and exhaust, but aside from that, not much of a difference to say it's worth it. i believe you may be able to buy it separately, but you may have to call in for it, i could be wrong though.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this product. I don't see where you can buy it separately without the filter but if you could would you? It says a 48% increase in flow over stock inlet flow.

This is what the guys at SVC recommend...and they have done a ton of testing on the flow bench.

I just ordered the kit...at $99 can't go wrong.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what the guys at SVC recommend...and they have done a ton of testing on the flow bench.

I just ordered the kit...at $99 can't go wrong.

I think the airbox boot makes sense , but I like a high quality paper filter over oiled gauze anytime. I installed the taller WIX filter.

I don't understand why Ford designed the airbox boot like that unless it has something to do with snow or icing up the filter, like they had on the Superduty , but a higher flow opening that wont compromise the integrity of the box makes sense.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the airbox boot makes sense , but I like a high quality paper filter over oiled gauze anytime. I installed the taller WIX filter.

I don't understand why Ford designed the airbox boot like that unless it has something to do with snow or icing up the filter, like they had on the Superduty , but a higher flow opening that wont compromise the integrity of the box makes sense.

Your limitation in flow isn't that opening. It's the filter.

We saw this when a members afe Intake coupling failed. Engine was sucking the coupling into the intake tube post filter

In order for that piece to make any difference you would have to run no filter. Then That would be your limitation for flow

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am sure the Dry AEM and S&B filters flow better than the stock paper filters and at least the are dry and do not have the issue the oiled ones due.

I have an AEM dry in my factory box and it was definitely better than the stock paper filter. But I am happy with my Volant/Corsa with the G2 paper filter which I run with a pre filter cover.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory intake snorkel on the Raptor has a larger interior diameter than the intake tube at the air flow meter. The intake snorkel is therefore NOT a source of restriction. Neither, BTW, is the intake tube. All of the intake components (snorkel, airbox, filter, tube, and resonator) are common to all Ford trucks regardless of engine size. (Exception: the EcoBoost engines have one or two components that have different part numbers.)

Problem: Your 6.2L fire-breather is trying to suck air through the same paper filter that the V6 engine uses. THAT is your airflow restriction, but you won't notice it except under WOT or when you abruptly call for more power. In other words, for every day driving around the factory intake components on the Raptor are adequate because at every day driving around throttle openings the engine isn't calling for more air than the intake can handle. Not so when you abruptly open the throttle or at large throttle openings. Then the engine is calling for more air than the factory filter can flow.

That's why I bought an AIRAID CAI. Result: No more hesitation when I abruptly open the throttle.

Side Note: Take the snorkel out and look at it. They could have done a MUCH better job of smoothing the contours, edges, and corners to smooth the airflow. Nothing a Dremel with a sanding drum won't fix.