Review and sound clip of the Magnaflow 15588 cat back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another FRF member who just did a review sold me on the catback. I bought it off ebay for 475 shipped. What I did differently (and I didn't have to cut or dent the pipes) was to take off all exhaust hangers and put them back on as I moved from front to back during the install. Fit and finish were amazing. The sound, is well classic maggie sound. On my scab, I had a welded in slowmaster super 44. I like the sound of this much better and the rolled tips set the truck off. Enjoy 2011 Svt Raptor 6.2L Magnaflow Exhaust - YouTube

Last edited:

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really like the sound.. the tips look nice as well though I am interested in the drone... I have an aftermarket exhaust on my current truck and it's drone is killing me. I want very much to avoid that this time. It's at the point where those in the back can't hear anyone else while I'm driving which annoys everyone involved.

~BGM

OP
OP
G

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit doesn't replace the factory resonator. And no drone at 70. Guys, I'm use to a 1000hp mustang, my ears are subjective. This is a straight thru muffler (unlike a chambered such as slowmaster that are known for drone). Obviously changing the stock system to anything aftermarket is going to cause an increase in sound. No offense, but if you are that concerned with drone, you probably shouldn't buy an aftermarket catback. Dead horse has been beaten.