Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Recommendations on Modest Mods

This is a discussion on Recommendations on Modest Mods within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
I just got my 2012 Raptor less than a week ago and was wondering if there is a section on ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deinonychus

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Recommendations on Modest Mods
I just got my 2012 Raptor less than a week ago and was wondering if there is a section on recommended mods.

I am looking at modest mods - nothing like putting in a SC or anything like that.

In my old F150, I put in some nice dual exhaust pipes out the back and had a K&N filter kit installed. I did notice a little something with regards to performance when they went it - although nothing to write home about.

I don't want anything that will blow the bank or kill my warranty. But it would be nice to heel a little extra kick when i push on the petal.

Any suggestions??

Also, are there any reputable mod places in the Miami, Florida area that anyone uses?

Thanks to all!

mrwizard93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Most here have the 5 star tune with AFE intake (also from 5 star).

Also, magnaflow, stainless works, borla, roush, and corsa (maybe more) have received mostly positive reviews.

Be wary when installing a tune... some say it will void warranty. However, this is easily avoided by reverting back to stock tune when you take it to the dealer. As you may already know, full warranty cannot be voided unless the root of the problem you may have is from the aftermarket mods.

Good luck
Humvee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Is there a significant difference between the airaid
X3 + AirAid Intake for F150 / Raptor 6.2L V8 - 5 Star Tuning

and the x3 stage 2 -
X3 + AFE Stage 2 Air Intake Kit (Silver) 6.2L V8 F150 Raptor - 5 Star Tuning

I don't care about the $100 difference.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

A small physical fact: the lower the pressure drop across the filter the more available air to the motor.

That said, it has been my observation, most aftermarket CAI's have similar filter cross-sectional areas. The difference in filter material will also affect pressure drop across the filter.

Care should be taken to chose a filter that will protect the motor from foreign particles, even the smaller ones. Care should also be taken to avoid water intrusion, i.e., a slug of water.

Others will also comment some other concerns.

IMO, there is very little, if any, performance difference between the Airraid and the AFE.
Big Blue likes this.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
It looks like I will be hitting up the X3 Stage 2 with the programmer ... By the picture, it looks like the install is pretty easy.