GEN 1 Procharger Running!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaTm

Reaction score
Sounds normal to me. I just installed and tuned mine and my brother has one on his F-150.

He describes it as sounding like rocks in the gears. They sell helical gears to reduce this sound.

NOLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try sending the video link to Pro Charger's tech email and asking if this was normal ? They could prob give the best opinion.

NOLA

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what straight cut gears sound like. Tighten the belt back to where it should be, and go make some pulls.

The kettle sound is actually the blower (because of the gears) the race valve makes more of a swoosh sound as it bleeds off excess air from the charge side when you're not on the throttle.

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its called Backlash. It happens in straight cut. For some reason though some are louder than others. Marbles in a coffee can is normal for these. If you really hate it, you can send it in to procharger and they can swap out the straight cut for helical. However, the straight sounds better on WOT due to the gears, it gives more of that supercharger whine.

OP
OP
jokerz

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys been running it the way it was and it seems to be doing just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011joe

Reaction score
I'm probably a little late to the party, but that definitely sounds normal or at least the same as mine. I have a Hennessy raptor with the same charger on. How is the tunning on your truck? I really need a better tune the race valve opens and closes unless I put it to the floor. Thinking maybe a good tune could fix that but can't find anyone who will send a tune all want me to bring my truck to there dyno.

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably a little late to the party, but that definitely sounds normal or at least the same as mine. I have a Hennessy raptor with the same charger on. How is the tunning on your truck? I really need a better tune the race valve opens and closes unless I put it to the floor. Thinking maybe a good tune could fix that but can't find anyone who will send a tune all want me to bring my truck to there dyno.

The bypass valve opening and closing under idle/decel/slight accell has nothing to do with the tune. It has to do with spring pressure in the valve vs. vacuum pressure and psi pushing against it.

I bet it has a juddering sound after you get off the throttle at high rpms. Right?

Put a lighter spring in it or if you can adjust the tension on the spring loosen the top hex screw. It may not be enough to loosen it all the way, then a spring swap is needed.