Livernois Auction - Raptor Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone from here buy the engine? I was really considering it. I don't think it was ever a raptor engine, the oil filter adapter is the super duty style. But, raptor engine or not, this engine is pre production and probably part of the batch of 6.2s where some of them were "misplaced" then later found by a group of lawyers. Pretty cool piece of history, aluminum intake vs production plastic, rough fabbed valve covers, and a blue block that most likely says "the boss is back" in the valley.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I walked through the place on the day before the auction to check things out. I looked at the Raptor engine, but wasn't interested in it... too many unknowns and I wasn't willing to take a risk. For example, there was something strange going on with the heads/valve covers. You know the plastic crankcase oil cap that we have on our truck where you pour the oil in during an oil change? Well there were four of them on the top of each valve cover. I removed them and it appeared that there just hollow tubes that went through the valve cover and were sealed off before the head... strange. I didn't notice it at first, but you can see them in the photo I posted in this threads original post.

I don't think it was a Raptor engine either. I had this discussion in another thread about the 6.2L originally being designed to replace the Super Duty V10. There were actually two 6.2L engines there, both looked the same, but I think they were early Super Duty prototypes. Agreed that they would be cool to have, but no extra cash in my pockets right now and this site isn't helping me save any money. :)

I know three people who went back the following day to actually bid on items, but none of them actually bought anything. They all said the same thing... the stuff was selling for "decent" prices, but no great deals.

Last edited: