granatelli kotorsports 6.2 ignition wires an coil pack upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard about these and I'm looking into them and maybe can get them for a better price. I was going to test before I sell though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds similar to hi output coils. They were discussed here and I believe the consensus was not favorable. I like the idea and want to find out they are not detrimental to our engines.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
This sounds similar to hi output coils. They were discussed here and I believe the consensus was not favorable. I like the idea and want to find out they are not detrimental to our engines.

I seem to recall no gains in performance and decreased reliability....

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way I will touch anything other than oem is if Davis unified ignition comes out with something. Any other brands I will steer far away from, that includes msd, accel, and granatelli.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My bet is these are just like the Junk granatelli ones they had for the 3v mustangs. They were made in china crap. Quality was not great at all and units were burning out. I will stick with Stock. If I was running high boost/RPM then maybe would look into COP's but would be looking at quality companies like MSD and the like

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Aftermarket coils as a whole have been junk as far as I have seen. I would stay away from anything other than stock. Stock coils will support over 1000 HP if necessary. Coils will only go bad after about 100K+ miles use or if they get moisture damage.

SVO 85

Reaction score
I have weapon X coils on my mustang and very much regret not getting the OEM coils when I did my engine swap. They've been a pain.