CBR Upgraded Radiator - will it work with a Whipple?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to tell I know for sure it will work but there is room behind the HD heat exchanger for a thicker radiator.

23mm is almost an inch so if the CBR splits the difference 1/2" of thickness in front and 1/2" in back it should be OK.

You would have to call CBR and ask them where there adding the inch from the OEM radiator support.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just called CBR, who referred me to SDHQ.

Per SDHQ, there are no clearance issues.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I read in the part description that it was "custom made" so that probably explains the very high price for that CBR unit; wonder if other companies like Fluidyne might offer an aftermarket solution in the future if there's enough demand - it's nice to have options.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. The radiator will bolt on nicely.. You will need to trim a little on the factory fan shroud. Don't use aftermarket fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I read in the part description that it was "custom made" so that probably explains the very high price for that CBR unit; wonder if other companies like Fluidyne might offer an aftermarket solution in the future if there's enough demand - it's nice to have options.

Yeah some of the Raptor parts prices are really insane. You have to wonder if they are really hurting themselves at the end of the day (by discouraging people from modding these trucks).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter