Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

6.2 swap

This is a discussion on 6.2 swap within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
What he said Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What he said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bstoner59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
I know the 6.2 aren't the best engine out for modding but I wanna do something unique and stay away from the ls and coyote swap trend . Mmr make a forge block for the 6.2 for about 6k and hellion sells the turbo kit for 8k+ i know that it's not gonna be cheap but it's always something I wanted to do for my first truck, gotta keep it special.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I would probably take it to a shop since I don't have the experience with swapping a different motor. I've seen that fox body with the 6.2 at the track he's running a manual transmission which is badass fast little car lol
73f250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Do a 7.3 Powerstroke... fun and cheaper to mod for big HP... Go big or go home.
bstoner59 likes this.

2012 Tux Black, Loaded. Previous owner added Spray-in liner, bed cover, LED everything, AFE intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, mid-perch... other stuff I haven't found yet. Thank You whoever you are... I have added 37" Nitto tires, painted speaker grilles, Roush vacuum gauge for hubs.
whoisbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Originally Posted by 73f250 View Post
I know the 6.2 aren't the best engine out for modding but I wanna do something unique and stay away from the ls and coyote swap trend . Mmr make a forge block for the 6.2 for about 6k and hellion sells the turbo kit for 8k+ i know that it's not gonna be cheap but it's always something I wanted to do for my first truck, gotta keep it special.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I would probably take it to a shop since I don't have the experience with swapping a different motor. I've seen that fox body with the 6.2 at the track he's running a manual transmission which is badass fast little car lol
Wasn't aware of the MMR shortblock. Thanks for posting. I'll keep that in mind in case my factory shortblock grenades (as mentioned, my truck is currently getting a whipple, but I also went with 60 lb/hr fuel injectors, a monoblade TB, a 3.125" pulley, and a wide open exhaust system so there's a fair chance she'll blow up according to some people I've spoken to).

As for the Hellion, I looked far and wide for info on this kit but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to tune for it. None of the reputable shops I talked to wanted to touch it.

If money is no object, then by all means, go for it. I'm sure you can make it work.

As for me, I no longer have any interest in paying for people to learn on my truck.

Again, I recommend an LS or coyote swap. You'll get more power both more reliably and for less money.
Truckzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Truckzor View Post
Wasn't aware of the MMR shortblock. Thanks for posting. I'll keep that in mind in case my factory shortblock grenades (as mentioned, my truck is currently getting a whipple, but I also went with 60 lb/hr fuel injectors, a monoblade TB, a 3.125" pulley, and a wide open exhaust system so there's a fair chance she'll blow up according to some people I've spoken to).

As for the Hellion, I looked far and wide for info on this kit but I couldn't find anyone who wanted to tune for it. None of the reputable shops I talked to wanted to touch it.

If money is no object, then by all means, go for it. I'm sure you can make it work.

As for me, I no longer have any interest in paying for people to learn on my truck.

Again, I recommend an LS or coyote swap. You'll get more power both more reliably and for less money.
Are you upgrading the oil pump gear?

I had the monoblade and it's a great TB, but it can be difficult to tune for. My RPMs would jump up and down a lot when stopping at a light. I ended up downsizing to the twin 68.
mike.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
Are you upgrading the oil pump gear?

I had the monoblade and it's a great TB, but it can be difficult to tune for. My RPMs would jump up and down a lot when stopping at a light. I ended up downsizing to the twin 68.
I'm doing the billet oil pump gears, yes.

I'm also adding the CBR radiator to try to keep everything cool.

I have a lot of confidence in my tuner but if there are any issues I don't mind dropping down to a twin (though I may try the 71).

Lastly, even though I didn't want to rice up the interior, I ordered fuel pressure, air/fuel, and a bunch of other gauges (along with a dimmer switch so I could keep a low profile) so I could keep an eye on everything.

Worst case it blows up and I build a larger shortblock ;)
Old 01-14-2016, 11:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I'm doing the billet oil pump gears, yes.

I'm also adding the CBR radiator to try to keep everything cool.

I have a lot of confidence in my tuner but if there are any issues I don't mind dropping down to a twin (though I may try the 71).

Lastly, even though I didn't want to rice up the interior, I ordered fuel pressure, air/fuel, and a bunch of other gauges (along with a dimmer switch so I could keep a low profile) so I could keep an eye on everything.

Worst case it blows up and I build a larger shortblock ;)
You could also do meth injection. Helps with detonation. I wish I'd had more time to enjoy my 707hp meth injected Raptor. I also did an ATI super damper. Over 12lbs of boost lol.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
FRF Addict

You could also do meth injection. Helps with detonation. I wish I'd had more time to enjoy my 707hp meth injected Raptor. I also did an ATI super damper. Over 12lbs of boost lol.
What did yours put down at the rear? How long did you have it? Any issues? Can you send me a link to the ATI damper?

I was just planning to run a bottle of octane boost at every fill up. Not really interested in another tank/lines to worry about.

Any other thoughts?

*edit* - I'm also still working on a dual catch can solution.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #29 (permalink)

Full Access Member

What did yours put down at the rear? How long did you have it? Any issues? Can you send me a link to the ATI damper?

I was just planning to run a bottle of octane boost at every fill up. Not really interested in another tank/lines to worry about.

Any other thoughts?

*edit* - I'm also still working on a dual catch can solution.
566 hp and 581 tq at the wheels.

ATI - Super DampersŪ for Ford Engines

I ordered the super damper directly from ATI over the phone. I got the 12% overdrive model which adds about 2 lbs of boost. With my 3.25" pulley my max boost was over 12. Besides adding boost, the super damper reduces the crankshaft vibrations which protects your engine.

I'm glad I had the meth at those boost levels. When I was at 9.5 lbs, my tuner saw knocking. With the meth kit, there was no knocking at 12.5 lbs. I had the pure meth kit from Alky Control.

Unfortunately, I can't really comment on reliability. I only had the meth kit and super damper for about a month before I turned my Raptor into a pancake.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
FRF Addict

I only had the meth kit and super damper for about a month before I turned my Raptor into a pancake.
What happened?